FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Shirt fitting knowledge needed

Hi there,

First post on the site, he we go. So basically, I am a 33" chest, 34 fits me well enough, I was just wondering if anybody knows of any decent smart shirts that would fit my size. ASOS are good, yet the quality leaves something to be desired. TM lewin, charles tywhitt (I believe thats how its spelt) etc, are good, yet mainly accommodate 36". So if any of you guys know of any decent sites, brands with that (UK) size, that would be great,

Many thanks,

You could try Topman and River Island as both offer XS shirts that will suit a 34" chest. They can be shorter in length too if you are fairly shorter too.

Topman XS or possible Small will fit in their slim fit range as they are typically pretty tight on the chest.

Otherwise you could consider what I have mentioned on a previous post and that is buying some more premium shirts from perhaps RL or Allsaints or Reiss and having a tailor take it in with darts etc

In general I would look out for brands that offer XS and slim fit range shirts.

Yeah ill give them a shout, RI more so than Topman I think though. Yeah ive been thinking about a tailor, just wouldn't really know what im asking for haha.

On a side note, what about suits, same size etc. Its frustrating because I want to go to brands like mango, massimo dutti etc, yet they dont fit. I like my smart clothing ;(

Thanks for the reply though buddy

Out of all of the dress shirts that I have, nothing beats Gagliardi dress shirt - Men's Clothing and Designer Menswear | Gagliardi Est. 1964. They have the slimmest shirts ever. Not only through the chest, but also through the waist as well - there is no excess material whatsoever. The armholes are higher as well. I'm ordering from them 15'' neck shirts, my chest is 36'' and they fit me perfectly. You can find their shirt measurements here: Shirts Sizing Guide | Gagliardi

I have the same issue. Im shorter and medium build. Normal fashionable brands are tailored for taller gents

I have had good success from Nexts range of skinny suits. They fit me very well and the jacket is nice and snug. If anything its arguable too tight but i never wear jackets done up so it looks fine.

The key to a good suit is the fit. You can spend money on premium brands bit they will look average at best if the fit isnt right. I got next suits for about 120 and they look better on me then a 400 paul smith suit i have.

Trend Setter
    River Island XXS (14")

I'm a 36" chest and Hawes and Curtis slim fit are perfect for me, they also make a small amount of ultra slim fit which might work out for you, and they have a sale on at the moment.

Fashionisto
    It's such a same that so many brands don't cater for us slimmer gents. Brands like Zara, Levi, Jigsaw and COS don't even stock extra small. Then you have brands like Uniqlo which stock extra small but don't fit true to size.

River Island, Asos and Topman may have the better fit, but I just can't part my cash when the quality is rubbish most of the time.

+ Reply to Thread