FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

Wedding with little theme - pink.

Hi Guys

So the wedding I am going to has a little theme of pink for the bridesmaids and godparents and my half will need to go in pink as we are the godparents. I thought maybe as the godparent I should follow suit.

Maybe pink tie, pocket square and/or socks. I wonder what you think I can and should wear/getaway with.

I will be wearing this suit

And was thinking to match it with something like this.
    Now please take in to respect I am colour blind and cannot always tell the differences others can.

Contra Dusty Pink Silk Blend Tie - REISS
    Icarus Rose Piped Silk Pocket Square - REISS

Would these 2 go?

I was also thinking these shoes:
    Brown Tassel Loafer Fw142161 | Suitsupply Online Store

and not too sure where I stand on socks. I think pink would possibly be too much, should I opt for a grey?

Thanks

Nat

Style Icon
    Pink would look good with that grey. I like the shoes too. I probably wouldn't have (not quite) matching tie and ps though. I would go for the tie, and plain white square. Or a different complementary colour. Socks matching the trousers then. That would be a very smart formal look though. Would that suit the wedding?

Trend Setter
    Yes, this wedding will be quite formal, I have another this week which is slightly dressed down.

I did think although the tie and square are different, its not quite enough is it. I like the idea of pink tie and white ps. I would like to know what you think may compliment the pink tie, colours are not my strong point.

Thanks for the input

Nat

Style Icon
    Yeah they're too similar imo. If a white ps is too boring for you, then how about navy with white polka dots. Or brown and white gingham check? That would pick up the shoes nicely. Reiss had some recently.

Grey, brown, navy, pink. All work great together. Post a pic when done.

Style Icon
    Great idea, and that tie looks ace! I'd go for the tie rather than the pocket square. Nat had some good ideas for the pocket square that, I particularly like the navy with white polka dots idea. My reservation being that it might be too many different colours - grey suit, white (?) shirt, navy pocket square, brown shoes. Not saying it won't work, it might just end up looking a bit "busy", especially for a formal event.

Not a fan of the shoes, but that's just my lack of loafer lust talking.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    and not too sure where I stand on socks. I think pink would possibly be too much, should I opt for a grey?
    When in doubt, go for the colour of your trousers in a slightly darker shade.

But I'm a sucker for matching ties and socks. If you can find pink socks that matches the tie, I think it would look great. That said, not sure pink socks would go too well with those shoes. In that case, I'd go with black shoes instead. If you go with the navy/polka dot pocket square idea though, I think matching navy and polka dot socks would work.

Trend Setter
    Hmm. That gives me some ideas, thanks guys.

Now thinking a couple of options.

1) Pink Tie / Navy and White polka PS / Navy and White polka Socks
    2) Pink Tie / Brown Varient PS / Dark Grey Socks

Thanks for all your help.

Style Icon
    I would personally look at other shades of pink. Most people will automatically think baby pink, and with a lightish grey suit it might look a little washed out or even a bit naff. I would see if you can find a darker shade of pink like a dull cerise or darker salmon pink.

Trend Setter
    Thanks Creed. I will definitely take this under consideration and see what is out there.

Fashionisto
    Personally I'd go with a pink themed PS to go with the tie, something like Hampton Dusty Pink Dotted Woven Pocket Square - REISS so colours a close match but has the difference in texture and pattern. Or another patterned pocket square that has pink as one of it's major colours. Can't go wrong with the advise already given though.

Trend Setter
    Hi Guys, so quick update. Wedding is this week and I am still undecided. I bought a pink shirt, pink pocket square, but didnt like many pink ties so have 2 with pink details.

I changed the suit to the navy one I posted in another thread recently, and had the trousers re-done.
    I decided to put them all on with the suit I am wearing. Then I started wondering if they all went together... what do you guys think?
    I was intending to wear a light blue shirt, pink tie and was undecided on the pocket square.

What should I use, or get to pull this together? Does the full pink theme go too far here?

The tie and pocket were just chucked on/in quickly as were the shoes for the photo. I am really only concerned with the colour arrangement at this point.

Last edited by James; 13-09-2014 at 10:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread