FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

The wallet issue

Hey guys,

Here's my wallet:

Usually I wear jeans and t-shirts, I think it suits my style.

What wallets do you have? How do you choose your style?

Also I thought about buying a new one)) Any suggestions?"

Trend Setter
    After years of carrying big wallets full of crap that ruined looks and pulled on trousers I bought one of these and it was one of my best ever decisions ever Paul Smith Shoes & Accessories - Burnished-Leather Cardholder*|*MR PORTER

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by shakka View Post
    That does look awesome. And free shipping you say...

Style Icon
    I've had the same wallet for about 15 years - it's brown leather, nothing fancy but has lasted the tests of time. It is fairly bulky though, so I never carry it in my pocket (it goes in the man bag along with the phone, umbrella & other bits and bobs).

While I like the idea of the "card holders" for the odd time I'm on a night out, they're not really practical in Ireland as it's not normal to pay for drinks using plastic and a lot of the old skool pubs wouldn't even have card machines.

I'm a bit old skool myself in that I much prefer cash to plastic anyway, so I like the look of those Bellroy wallets.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post
    That does look awesome. And free shipping you say...
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    I've had the same wallet for about 15 years - it's brown leather, nothing fancy but has lasted the tests of time. It is fairly bulky though, so I never carry it in my pocket (it goes in the man bag along with the phone, umbrella & other bits and bobs).

While I like the idea of the "card holders" for the odd time I'm on a night out, they're not really practical in Ireland as it's not normal to pay for drinks using plastic and a lot of the old skool pubs wouldn't even have card machines.

I'm a bit old skool myself in that I much prefer cash to plastic anyway, so I like the look of those Bellroy wallets.
    Now I have been looking at the Bellroy wallets for about 6months, but what has stopped me from pulling the trigger is that I have read that they have been designed for Australian notes, which are smaller then the 10 and 20. Is this a problem? Maybe, maybe not - but I want to get my hands on one in a shop and test them before I buy.

Euros may fit in a treat though.

Des

Trend Setter
    I rock one of these but in a croc-skin type texture.
    Mini Tri Fold Wallet in Chocolate Natural Leather | Men's | Mulberry
    Fits notes and all cards inc id window for when I have to buy cigs/alcohol but still perfect size for the pocket, and the logo is as discrete as you can get. It stays relataively flat unless I'm ballin'.
    Only problem is Mulberry's leather doesn't age well. It kind of doesn't age at all. Annoyingly still looks new after almost 5 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by ukalec View Post
    Now I have been looking at the Bellroy wallets for about 6months, but what has stopped me from pulling the trigger is that I have read that they have been designed for Australian notes, which are smaller then the 10 and 20. Is this a problem? Maybe, maybe not - but I want to get my hands on one in a shop and test them before I buy.

Good point there. A lot of nice pocket-friendly wallets on tinternet are only suited for small US dollars too

Style Icon
    I've just got a small card holder, I don't really like big fat bulging wallets!

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by ukalec View Post

I rarely carry more cash than 10-20, unless I'm on a pub crawl. Then I usually start with more, but walk home with less.

Anyway, I forgot to post my wallet setup.

I bought one of these about a year ago:
    Fred Perry | Fred Perry Scotch Grain Billfold Wallet at ASOS

I like it, but there are some major drawbacks. First of all, it's bulky. I don't want to to wear it in my trouser pocket, so I either need a jacket or a bag to keep it in. Second, it doesn't hold coins. I don't mind that much, as coins tend to make wallets bulky. But, seeing as it's already a bulky wallet, I would't mind something for the coins. Third, that Fred Perry logo is a chunky piece of metal. I keep worrying I'm going to rip my pocket on it some day.

So, while I kind of like it, I'm in the market for a new one. If I need to keep cash or cards in my trousers or a slim blazer/suit jacket, I bring this:
    Walkonwater - Mini Wallet Deluxe - Red

Trend Setter
    I've got an Emporio Armani woman's purse. Had it about 10 years but it's virtually the same size as the Note Sleeve on that Bellroy site. Fits a few cards and folded up notes. People used to take the piss out of it but everyone's got one these days.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last