FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last
    Des

Trend Setter

Which denim jacket?

Sorry if this thread sounds familiar but could do with your help. Looking to use as an Autumn jacket with black jeans and probably grey trainers/brown boots, neutral tops with a scarf over it. There isn't really that much in it so its frustrating me and can't decide..

Diesel

Would size down and like the front detail, button colour and distressed bits to contrast black raw jeans. But costs 50% more than the others.

All Saints

Didn't have my size but would size down on this too. I like it but something about the wash and light weight tells me I might not be as excited to dig it out next year. Plus it will be annoying if this goes on a big sale when the Winter coats arrive.

Levis

Had my size so biased towards fit. Also had the best weight to it and just felt a bit more quality than others. Friend hated the colour though and its a lot shorter than I would like, especially at the back. Really high up. The darker wash was too tight underarm.

Trend Setter
    Levis, definitely. The lighter wash will go better with darker jeans too, imo. I don't really know why but I'm going off Diesel in qute a big way. It may have something to do with TK Maxx stocking it.

Never thought about taking my phone into the changing rooms, nice idea.

Des

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesterPerry View Post
    Levis, definitely. The lighter wash will go better with darker jeans too, imo. I don't really know why but I'm going off Diesel in qute a big way. It may have something to do with TK Maxx stocking it.

Never thought about taking my phone into the changing rooms, nice idea.
    Pfft..Changing rooms. Do it on the shop floor. Although it did feel as though I was doing something wrong so I was discreet.
    Cheers. I had the mid wash sherpa-lined levis which was great but have never had light wash anything for a long time. Diesel kind of lost its way when every other store was selling average tees with "DIESEL" all over them. Plus it was all about their Zathan and Larkee fits which nobody really wears anymore. Quality is still there though.

Style Icon
    Defo the Levis one. Looks good.

Nat

Style Icon
    Not normally a fan of very light washes, but that levis one looks good man. Fit is on point too

Fashionisto
    Get the Levi's one. Got one myself last week but in the stonewash. Fit is absolutely spot on. Quite like that light wash as well.

Des

Trend Setter
    Thanks guys. Seems safe to assume you all prefer the Levis lighter wash, even if I sized down and the others were to have the exact same fit?

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Thanks guys. Seems safe to assume you all prefer the Levis lighter wash, even if I sized down and the others were to have the exact same fit?
    Yep. The Diesel one is a bit too in between... neither light nor dark. The light one is miles better.

Trend Setter
    Well the All Saints one will look a lot better when it's your size. I'm not liking the collar as much as the Levis one, though.

Des

Trend Setter
    Cheers fellas. Looking for a deal now..

+ Reply to Thread