FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Denim jacket help

hey guys, ive never owned a denim jacket and its something id like to give a go.

often i wear black skinnys and black shoes, and a shirt, which could be any colour tbh. Which colour denim jacket would be best to go with an outfit like that? or would a denim jacket not suit black skinnys/shoes etc?

what is best to wear under it? a shirt/top? colour?

i think i prefer the blue/light blue colours from a quick look on the internet.

could you give me any examples of nice denim jackets?

sorry about all the questions just i feel relatively clueless on this matter

Style Icon
    You won't get knocked back in this forum for asking questions. It's the perfect place for it.

A denim jacket is really versatile - a light wash will go with pretty much anything.. black skinnies, indigo jeans, chinos, even trousers. What you wear under it can vary greatly too - there's no set rules... just try the jacket on with different outfits and see what works & what doesn't.

A simple and almost foolproof combo is shoes / boots with black skinnys, a white shirt & denim jacket.

I bought a light wash from All Saints about two years ago and it gets worn all the time with black, blue & white skinnys. Bought a pair of red jeans recently and wear them with it too with a grey jumper. These are a few fits I've posted here over the last year..

They might not be to your style, but the thing about denim jackets is that they can be incorporated into pretty much any style. I'd highly recommend picking one up.

Des spotted a cool light Levis one over on this thread..

Which denim jacket?

Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    You won't get knocked back in this forum for asking questions. It's the perfect place for it.

A denim jacket is really versatile - a light wash will go with pretty much anything.. black skinnies, indigo jeans, chinos, even trousers. What you wear under it can vary greatly too - there's no set rules... just try the jacket on with different outfits and see what works & what doesn't.

A simple and almost foolproof combo is shoes / boots with black skinnys, a white shirt & denim jacket.

I bought a light wash from All Saints about two years ago and it gets worn all the time with black, blue & white skinnys. Bought a pair of red jeans recently and wear them with it too with a grey jumper. These are a few fits I've posted here over the last year..

They might not be to your style, but the thing about denim jackets is that they can be incorporated into pretty much any style. I'd highly recommend picking one up.

Des spotted a cool light Levis one over on this thread..

Which denim jacket?

thanks so much! great reply

Fashionisto
    You own that jacket, Dorian. The second outfit in particular.

And good advice too. I should get around to adding one to my wardrobe.

Des

Trend Setter
    Dorian how poseable are you with the two layers underneath? I forgot to factor for knitwear

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Dorian how poseable are you with the two layers underneath? I forgot to factor for knitwear
    I can get 3 layers under that jacket and still be 100% poseable! Defo allow room for 2 layers if you plan on wearing knits with yours.

Des

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    I can get 3 layers under that jacket and still be 100% poseable! Defo allow room for 2 layers if you plan on wearing knits with yours.
    Ah. I may have to rethink. I'm on the coast and wx today was prime for a bit of knitwear and and lightweight jacket to keep things in order. I know the standard Levi's Truckers are known for mobility but the slim fit one I tried could be different...

+ Reply to Thread