FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Thanks every one, its really great to get all these feedbacks.

Just a little bit more info about our company. We have been in business in UK for last 5+ years. We have our distribution centre in London. However, we are only selling our products in wholesale, our clients are mostly wholesalers, retailers and importers (from EU and Africa). We have our own factories and sourcing offices in Asia, so we pretty much manufacture majority of our goods, plus we produce for several high street brands from Primark to Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph lauren to h&m etc.

But now, we are creating a new brand and we will be selling them directly to the client as retail. So we are just trying to see what the end users feel about the clothing in the current market, what sort of problems they faces, what they value the most etc.

We are planning to launch the brand by first week of October, so I will PM you guys for your address to send the products.

In the mean time, keep the comments coming.

Take care.

M
    Last edited by londonstylist; 18-08-2014 at 08:56 AM.

Fashionisto
    1:- What are the most important things for you when buying a bottom wear (jeans, shorts), t-shirt and jacket? Price, quality, brand name, style, how it looks, which celebrity worn it etc?
    First is quality, then fit, as you can still do something about the fit by going to the tailors. How it looks would be next, and brand does not really affect my judgement. Unless it's Alexander McQueen, there is just something about that brand,

2:- How often do you buy your clothing and why? Eg, you buy it every season because you want to keep up with the latest style OR you buy it because your old clothes get damaged (like fades away, shrinks, rips etc) OR you buy it because it's on sales etc.
    I buy clothing all the time, either because I like something I see or because I need a new piece, since something old got damaged. Sales do impact a bit, as I buy things I normally would not, since the price is too high.

3:- In your opinion what should be the decent price point for a good quality shorts, jeans, t-shirt, jacket etc.
    Shorts: 30 euro
    Jeans: up to 150 euro
    T-shirt: 30 euro
    Jacket (depends on the type): up to 500 euro
    Shoes: Up to 500 euro

4:- What do you really wished your current clothes had? EG Better price, better fit, better style, better quality, better longevity etc.
    My current clothes could have better longevity, well most of them anyways, because they are from h&m or zara, and they won't last for more than a couple of seasons.
    5:- How are price point perceived by you? Do you think a higher priced clothing is better quality OR a medium range clothes can be as good quality as those top brands?
    Well, if you ask me, a higher price point is does not always mean better quality, but most times it does and sometimes you just pay for the name. Medium price range can be just as good as higher range, look at Uniqlo for example, their knitwear is top notch.

6:- How likely are you to buy a new unknown brand which had similar style and similar quality as the high end items such as Diesel, g-star etc. But costs about 20-30% cheaper than those brands?
    I don't really like those brands, their branding on stuff is just to big, but thankfully nowhere close to hollister. I would give it a try if I got them cheaper, but I would have to see for myself.

You are doing market research to find out what your prices should be and what your potential customers want a few weeks before launching a brand?

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    You are doing market research to find out what your prices should be and what your potential customers want a few weeks before launching a brand?
    Not really.

As I said, we have been selling clothes in wholesale level for the last 5 years in UK. So we pretty much know what the price should be and what items to get.

We are just fine tuning the products and other marketing strategies by getting feedbacks.

Mind you, I have posted similar things in other forums as well, so I can see some common elements, I knew about them as well since I also shop for clothing too and I know what I want but not many companies does things accordingly etc.

1:- What are the most important things for you when buying a bottom wear (jeans, shorts), t-shirt and jacket? Price, quality, brand name, style, how it looks, which celebrity worn it etc?

For me fit will always be first, then quality then Price. When considering jeans the slim/skinny fit style needs to cater for more than just rack thin small blokes, topman are the worst at this. Also the size of the waist needs to be consistant with the cut of the leg. Sometimes you get slim fit which fit round the waist but are too skinny in the leg or vice versa. This may just be my body shape, but I would say I have the average body shape.

2:- How often do you buy your clothing and why? Eg, you buy it every season because you want to keep up with the latest style OR you buy it because your old clothes get damaged (like fades away, shrinks, rips etc) OR you buy it because it's on sales etc.

Being honest I buy at the beginning of every month just after being paid. ha. I am currently building the wardrobe i want so I am a bit more consistent in purchasing clothes but outside of that I would look to replace clothes or buy seasonally.

3:- In your opinion what should be the decent price point for a good quality shorts, jeans, t-shirt, jacket etc.
    Shorts: 30
    Jeans: up to 120
    T-shirt: 20 - 40
    Jacket : up to 300
    Shoes: Up to 200

This is what I would say would be reasonable for decent fitting items with good quality.

4:- What do you really wished your current clothes had? EG Better price, better fit, better style, better quality, better longevity etc.

My clothes fit but there are some items that could always fit better especially when it comes to jeans, but I think the big one is longevity, it is annoying when a t-shirt only lasts a summer before losing it's fit and color.

5:- How are price point perceived by you? Do you think a higher priced clothing is better quality OR a medium range clothes can be as good quality as those top brands?
    I would say that there definitely is the perception that a higher price equals a higher quality, but I think the quality of some mid-range labels is just as good. It has already been said but look at Uni-qlo, also for the price you get good quality at massimo dutti and he by mango in my experience.

6:- How likely are you to buy a new unknown brand which had similar style and similar quality as the high end items such as Diesel, g-star etc. But costs about 20-30% cheaper than those brands?
    If I did not know the brand it would not put me off at all. As long as the fit and quality is good why does it really matter, especially since like most people hear I don't wear items that have big brand logos on.

Peace.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by londonstylist View Post
    Guys,

We are launching a new menswear in the market soon. It will similar style as G-star, True religion, Diesel etc. However the price point will be more like Crosshatch, river island etc, in other words medium price range.

Now just gathering some data on how you guys feel and what you guys really want from the menswear in the market.

As a thank you for your opinion, we will choose 20 random people from this thread (who gives some valid input) and will send a jeans, belt and t-shirt to them including postage for FREE.

So here are some questions for you guys:-

Thanks.

M
    Firstly, good luck on the venture. Sounds almost too good to be true with the same quality denim as DEISEL and true religion for the same 25 cost as river island but the assumption is you've already done the maths so fair play.

Answer to questions below:

1) everything is important - fit, cost, quality. I would not buy something too expensive, or too bad quality, or that fitted badly. Worst case I'd compromise on quality, but would not buy something that looked terrible.

2) bought mostly on impulse or if an item looks a bit boring or knackared, no real timeline. Jeans maybe a couple a year.

3) for me Uniqlo is the benchmark. Good items with good dye, finish and sizing. Much better than Topman, zara and asos. Shorts 30, jeans 35, t shirt 20, jacket 80

4) better sizing at some places like reiss, I am an XS size (5'6"). Some brands don't do XS

5) Medium can be and often is cheaper. Some clothes like shoes and suits are the exception I think. Most expensive casual clothes (or at least, a lot of them) are expensive due to the label not the quality.

6) very rarely, I might have done this once or twice, usually these labels which are unknown to me already have a heritage that I was just unaware of. Very rare I'll buy a totally new label if it was only 20% cheaper than designer.

The only tip I can think of is to stay mid market. Too cheap and it will just be like market tat, too expensive and you'll be viewed as arrogant and your business will die. Just stay on high street / zara style pricing. I simply would not believe you if you say your material and finish is as good as true religion and DEISEL for 25 for jeans.

+ Reply to Thread