FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Tailor Made London

Following on from a previous thread about me trying to find a suit, has anyone used these and might be able to comment on their work?

Website is Home | Tailor Made London - Bespoke Suits | Tailored Suits | Wedding Suits | Shirts | Tailored Coats

Price range seems to be 500-1000 or thereabouts.

Thanks!

Style Icon
    Never heard of them but looking at their website they look excellent and seem to know what they are talking about. The 3d body scanner is an excellent touch but you'll still need to check what type of cut they can do, some tailors have a boxy cut, slim cut etc. they have lots of authentic options and detail which is good.

Some of the clothes look very 'Italian' and semi casual fabric mixes (a bit like suit supply) which can make the suits look a bit too casual, so would be good to know what more formal fabrics they have like flannel etc.

Anyway it looks interesting so I've booked in on Tuesday myself will report back...

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    I've booked in on Tuesday myself
    Is this because you saw the pic from asuitthatfits on the other thread....?

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Is this because you saw the pic from asuitthatfits on the other thread....?
    No which pic was this ?!

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    No which pic was this ?!
    Second pic down on the left... it's the"one size fits all suit"

The Brown Wedding Suit

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    Second pic down on the left... it's the"one size fits all suit"

The Brown Wedding Suit
    Oh god that's awful! BTW asiitthatfits are decent but not stunning - I've had 20+ suits from them and they have made minor mistakes on more than half of these with minor details. I'm pretty picky and particular so there is probably a lot of things I'm asking for that are non standard but they definitely make mistakes. My last 2 had mistakes (didn't colour all the cuff button holes correctly. It's only price that makes me return for more suits! And as with all tailors, I have found that I need to select the individual tailor well or else they subconsciously try and influence their own personal taste too much on the suits, for example trying to talk me out of bold cloths or detail. I also have to whip hard and be very exacting in the second fitting, because sometimes in the past the tailors have seemed willing to settle for something I personally would not regard as a 100% perfect fit. Had a similar experience at suit supply.

Will be interesting to see what this other company is like. Ideally you want a total geek of a tailor who will push the boundaries a bit and let you run wild and be really creative. I'll find out Tuesday!!

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Creed, it seems like you're much more experienced buying suits than me, so I'm looking forward to hearing your first impressions. If they sound alright I'll book in with them.

Style Icon
    Went in today, to cut a long story short they are very impressive. LOADS of cloths (at least double, probably treble what asuitthatfits has), staff and tailors seemed to answer all the questions well and honestly, and I liked the way they present some of their more popular cloths on a presentation card with a swatch fabric and photo of a finished suit. Sometimes a fabric looks good on a small swatch but it's hard to picture as a complete suit. It was also a nice touch to have all the buttons available on display - asuitthatfits just make the suits with standard colour to match the suit unless specified, but they don't seem to have a load of buttons to show as the alternatives. The 3d scanning booth for measurement looks like a nice touch, time will tell on that one!

In fact this company had so many fabrics that it became a nightmare to make a decision, first world problems and all that. I found probably 3 or 4 stunning and rare looking fabrics that I've not seen even remotely similar elsewhere.

Downsides are that they advertise on the website as 4-6 week delivery and between 500-1000 but in reality the more interesting cloths are 800 upwards and take 6-8 weeks. They do indeed have cloths between 500-800 but the range is smaller and less exciting.

I saw a lot of finished suits and they looked quality, only bit I didn't like was that the cuff buttons seemed to start quite high up the sleeve which looked a bit naff and might make your arm look really short, but I'm sure it can be requested to have the buttons placed lower.

Anyway I'm going to get one made, just need to make a decision on the cloth!

Overall - much more impressive range than asuitthatfits, but almost twice the price.

+ Reply to Thread