FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 4 5

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post
    Well, looking at this list:
    GQ Best Dressed Men 2014 - GQ.COM (UK)

I'd say about every other outfit is simply not wearable by just anyone. I maintain that most well dressed lists are filled with people who either dress eccentric (a lot or just a little) or people who are simply good looking people, who'd be good looking in pretty much anything thrown at them (within reason, of course).

Just my two cents on the matter.
    Looked through, 90% of that is easily wearable in my opinion - look at the top 10, all in some manner of well fitted tailoring. Aye Grimmy is wearing a red suit which it would take bottle/that style to pull off, but it's hardly reinventing the style wheel. There are obviously some zany people/pieces, but confidently pulling off an outfit with a few individual quirks is still (again, still my opinion) going to look better than wearing a waistcoat outwith a suit ever will.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    Yeah, you're right. I do, however, I think it's more about your style than your age. That said, It's probably easier to make a the waistcoat work if your an middle-aged/older gentleman. Like this guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B-lIVEm0As
    O F'ing M F'ing G...

JEK

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by ukalec View Post
    O F'ing M F'ing G...
    The majestic bellowphone!
    Regards
    Johan

FashionBeans Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm unsure whether to keep them, they're good for layering under a slim blazer, but once the jacket is off... I might keep them for winter layering when outside with the kids, as they are quite warm.
    I like the black & white one - it might be a cardi-waistcoat but I think it's kinda cool. The other one doesn't do much for me.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 4 5