FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Opinions on quality of Zara footwear?

Has anyone ever had any Zara footwear?

I've seen a pair of trainers and a pair of slip ons I like in there. Both 30 which seems very reasonable but don't wanna buy em if they're gonna look gash or fall apart in a couple of weeks.

Trend Setter
    Honestly, being that they are for 30 I would not expect them to last long. Zara are not really known for high quality either.
    For quality, you should look toward British Shoe makers like Grenson, Sanders, Churchs etc, but for quality there is always a price. Normally averaging around 150+.

I am sure you know all this, so I would just say if you are looking for quality shoes that will last a good few years, dont buy from Zara. For something to kick it in and not worry about damages, Zara will be fine.

Trend Setter
    Don't bother with the Zara imitations, as they usually copy the higher end brands such as Givenchy and Valentino which end up falling apart in weeks. You're better off finding the originals on sale/second hand instead of wasting money on something that won't last for more than a season.

Style Icon
    Zaras shoes are shit.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    Zaras shoes are shit.
    lol, straight to the point I guess.

Trend Setter
    Out of the usual suspects on the high street, who has the best quality for shoes at their respective price points?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by ukalec View Post
    Out of the usual suspects on the high street, who has the best quality for shoes at their respective price points?
    hmmm, off the top of my head. You would really want to go for a shoe retailer, something like Kurt Geiger might be a good shout, or even non shoe retailers like Massimo Dutti and Topman. Topman has some good priced brands located in their stores, ie Hudson, again KG and a few others.

I am not saying these are amazing, but maybe a better start.

Style Icon
    It's all down to expectations and prices - anything under 50 and I'm expecting it to last 1 season, any longer and it's a bonus. It must be said I have a couple of pairs of fake suede Topman shoes and a set of brown boots and they all look pretty good still after a year. A couple of pairs of zara boat shoes that held out well too. The issue is once the soul wears out, no point in getting them repairs and the souls wear out pretty quick. They won't fall apart after a few weeks at zara, but you get what you pay for. Sometimes if I really like an item that is cheap high street I buy 2 of them for when the inevitable happens and the first set wear out.

+ Reply to Thread