FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Baker boy hats...

Are baker boy hats still acceptable to wear from a fashion sense this coming autumn/winter? I really like the look of them and would quite like to grab one but don' t want to ebd up looking too "last season"

If they ar still okay has anyone got any tips on where to get a nice one?

Regards

Style Icon
    I started watching "Peaky Blinders" the other day.. baker / newsboy caps abound.

I really love the look - I picked one up a few years ago from Village Hats.. it's by Stetson (pic below). I also have a Borsallino. Would highly recommend either brand for a top quality hat. There are cheaper options if you're looking for something that you think may not get too much wear. The likes of Brixon & City Sport are both decent makes.

As far as "will it look too last season" goes, I don't know. I didn't even know they were in last season, so it doesn't really bother me if they are out this season! Funnily enough, the only people I've ever seen flat caps where I live are the pikeys. If you're happy wearing a style that you like I don't think it really matters.

If you're ordering hats online, make sure you read the size guide & measure up yer head...

Hats, Mens Hats, Womens Hats, Flat Caps, Trilby Hats, Beanies, Baseball Caps. HatsandCaps.co.uk.

Trend Setter
    Suits you, Sir.

Trend Setter

Trend Setter
    i am liking the idea of a hat this winter - either bakerboy/newsboy or flat.

My question is this - what colour? how do i match with my coat?

I have a Grey Pea coat and a Navy Mac for cold/wet days. - look at the choice!!!!

Newsboy Caps - Buy Newsboy Caps and Newsboy Hats online

Style Icon
    I'd go for a brown tweed - would go really well with either a grey mac or navy pea.

Fashionisto
    I do like the look of them but hats tend to only suit certain people.

Fashionisto
    By coincidence I bought one last week.
    I tried one on in a shop and my wife liked it although I was a bit dubious as I think a change of hat style takes some getting used to.
    Later I looked on the Christy Hats website and found their moleskin bakers boy hat was on offer in dark red for 10 - other colours were 30.
    For a tenner I decided to take a punt, hope to look cool like Mr Grape, but be prepared to bin it if I looked a dick.

Shortly after placing my online order I received an email from Christys saying they didn't have any dark red ones left and sportingly offering me any other colour at the reduced price so I changed my order to a black one which came next day.
    It's well made, of good materials, looks great now I've adjusted and likely to get hammered when the weather turns cold.

Thanks for the link Ukalec
    I can see me getting more of these.
    Last edited by AndyWatson; Yesterday at 08:42 PM.

They're cool and you should have a go.
    As for the "last season" thing, personally I believe fashion just keeps running in cycle. What people regard as "out of date" now must come back in vogue some day.

+ Reply to Thread