FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Navy blazer fit (with photos)

Bought this http://www.johnlewis.com/kin-by-john...r-navy/p605394 from John Lewis today. Medium was too small and large (which this is) is too big but i bought it anyway as it was almost half price with the aim of getting it tailored. How does it fit?

Thanks
    Last edited by gecko; 30-08-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Trend Setter
    I can upload more shots if needed. Really wanna get the fit of this blazer nailed.

Trend Setter
    I think it would be best to got to the tailor and see what he recommends. The sleeves look real wide, too long and the chest looks very baggy... there is a start.
    but there are people on here that know more than me...

Trend Setter
    I am fully prepared to return it if necessary. If there is too much work needed on it!

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    I am fully prepared to return it if necessary. If there is too much work needed on it!
    I'd bring it back - by the time you get all the alterations required to make it fit right, you'd have bought a new one off the peg for less. Not sure I'd go for a 3 buttoned blazer either.

The beard looks good though (what I can see of it!).

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    I'd bring it back - by the time you get all the alterations required to make it fit right, you'd have bought a new one off the peg for less. Not sure I'd go for a 3 buttoned blazer either.

The beard looks good though (what I can see of it!).
    Yeah i'd be inclined to agree. Since i posted i have been taking it on and off and checking it out and i've not been convinced. I wasn't convinced in store tbh but as it was on sale i thought i'd put it to the FB masses.

I struggle with blazers as i have a long torso, long arms but a slimmer build so i just get swallowed up in blazers! Can never find the right one!

Cheers for the beard appreciation! 3 months strong! freshly shaped by the barber today!

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    I struggle with blazers as i have a long torso, long arms but a slimmer build so i just get swallowed up in blazers! Can never find the right one!
    You need something in a slim or even skinny cut - the more traditional cuts won't suit your build. If you're looking for something off the high street, Zara, All Saints, River Island & Topman all do slimmer cuts. Kooples perhaps too, though I've never been.

Trend Setter
    It looks to me like an un-structured blazer, it should look a bit big wide in some areas. Likely the reason for 4 buttons. Its not my style, but not worth tailoring either.

I would either wear like it is and casually, or return it.

Trend Setter
    casual or not, don't bother with this jacket. it's not worth messing about with by the looks of that fit...

+ Reply to Thread