+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

T-Shirt fit

Good day everyone,

lately, I have been sick of all the t-shirts that I own as
    a) they fit terribly
    b) they get holes in them so fast

I decided to invest in some colored and basic ones from Sunspel. However, I am not sure about the size. They one I am wearing on the picture is a medium. So a small exists, but I fear it might get to tiny and I am trying to avoid an overly slim fitting, I just want a nice regular cut fit, that is neither too loose nor to slim.

What do you think? Should I go one size smaller (do they shrink at all, does anyone know)?

I hope the picture is ok, turquoise and burgundy very the first ones I unpacked but I don't wanna unpack the rest if M is too big anyways and I have to send them back.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7su7zpra8...%2034.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jo47po3np5...%2052.jpg?dl=0

Thank you very much in advance
    Anagni
    Last edited by Anagni; Yesterday at 01:31 PM.

Fashionisto
    I think you could go a size smaller or roll the sleeves and go for a more relaxed look.

Trend Setter
    regarding sunspel -are they worth it? the cut does not seem anything special, but I presume the quality of finish and material is god level?
    but it is still just a block colour t-shirt.
    Not trolling, just want to know...

Trend Setter
    I have tried them on in a store and the fabric feels fantastic. I can't say anything about longevity yet, I have spent a lot of time searching the internet for complaints about shrinkage etc. and they seem to be superb. I used to wear t-shirts by COS and Hugo Boss but they was out so fast and shrink insanely over time.

Trend Setter
    Size down, I say. I like my t-shirts on the boxy side but that looks a little too boxy, especially with them being block-coloured.

I can say that my order of American Apparel t-shirts a few months ago has proved a godsend. I wear one almost every day around the house, they've been washed many times and still feel pretty much like new.

Trend Setter
    I think I might go with both colors shown in M since for me those two colors were supposed to be for summer anyways and I like how airy they are. After rolling the sleeves, they look nice with shorts (wouldn't really wear them with long trousers though):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gphn24m525...%2020.jpg?dl=0

The others, however (white with-v-neck, charcoal round-neck, etc., in short, all the basic ones and the rest) I will exchange for a size S (gonna show them to you when I actually ordered them and they have arrived), as it is way easier to layer them and it is more versatile.

Does that look and sound acceptable or am I am I just being blind and will make a fool of myself wearing those two in M?

Keep the comments coming though, I like to sleep over things and so they tags stay on until tomorrow :-)
    Last edited by Anagni; Yesterday at 03:03 PM.

MLM

I think with the rolled sleeves it looks good, but of course it depends how tight you usually like your tees.

Trend Setter
    Can't see your pics (garbage PC in the office) but re the tees themselves I have 2 - the grey one sported on the reg by D Beckham, and a white one. Both were presents. I wouldn't advocate spending that sort of money on a white tee, regardless of your finances. Mine has yellowed under the arms, and it's not as if I'm an overly sweaty person or use crap anti perspirant. They do fit peerlessly though, which is automatically going to elevate any casual outfit.

As I've brought up a few times on this board, Abandon Ship basic tees are a fantastic alternative in terms of fit and material quality (I don't work for them, honest).

Trend Setter
    I Have seen you mention abandon ship t's a couple of times. Do you buy them online? Do they run tts?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by ukalec View Post
    I Have seen you mention abandon ship t's a couple of times. Do you buy them online? Do they run tts?
    Yeah, I get them online. Funnily enough they used to offer free postage, then after losing 2x orders of mine started charging for recorded delivery so I like to think I helped them enhance their business model.

Anyway, they're a little on the side of being longline, but not anywhere near overly so like the offerings from Topman/ASOS etc that are manufactured specifically for that purpose. The colours offered are white, grey, black and burgundy. All infinitely wearable on a d2d basis and the burgundy is a great colour. For my money they're my fave tees that I've ever bought - they just fit so well and retain shape etc after countless washes.

+ Reply to Thread