FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Best premium grey sweatshirt?

Hi guys I am trying to choose between Our Legacy, Norse Projects, Officine General, Orlebar Brown and Sunspel for a grey sweatshirt. All of them have a similar price point so I was wondering if anyone could post their experiences so I can decide which would be best to buy.

I'm looking for one as well. I tried one from Edwin and one from Nudie because those were the ones I saw in the stores I visited yesterday. I kind of liked the Edwin one, material and collar wasn't so wide which I liked. But it also felt somewhat wide, maybe I just needed to try a smaller size. I liked the Nudie one as well, but they didn't have it in my size.

Edwin EC Sweat - Felpa Americana - Grey Marl - Garment Washed | Edwin Europe
    http://nlyscandinavia.scene7.com/is/image/nlyscandinavia/307119-7345_1?$productpage_slider_desktop$&cropN=0.02,0,0 .955,1
    Last edited by px1r; 02-11-2014 at 09:12 AM.

I'm looking for one as well, adding to the already mentioned ones; Reiss has one with raglan sleeves, i dig them, but still unsure if they fit my broader than average shoulders

Grant Grey Stitch Detail Sweatshirt - REISS

Can anyone give any insight on how sunspel fits?

Quote Originally Posted by Anjuna View Post
    I'm looking for one as well, adding to the already mentioned ones; Reiss has one with raglan sleeves, i dig them, but still unsure if they fit my broader than average shoulders

That one looks nice as well. Very hard to tell which one of all these that is the best looking as they are so damn simular. I'd say it will be down to whichever fits the best on your body. I want one with the V feature below the collar so that eliminates a couple of them for me.

Trend Setter
    How do these sweats at these prices stand up to abuse? I really want a good fitting grey one (like everyone else), but I don't want to have to treat it like a cashmere/merino fine knit...

Style Icon
    Here are some of the ones I can note of;

Our Legacy
    Orlebar Brown
    Reiss
    Officine General
    J Crew
    Sunspel
    Acne
    APC
    Paul Smith
    NN07

I would love to know what peoples impressions of these are. Some I hear are boxy, some are too tight around the neck for a shirt, some the quality is a little off.

If I were to buy right now from hearsay, I would probably go with one of these 4:
    OB
    OG
    Sunspel
    PS

But would be hard to choose and likely come down to price or colour.

Style Icon
    It just goes to show how many there are out there.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjuna View Post

I've got a grey swear, it isn't a premium band but does have raglan sleeves. I'm quite broad and it fits really well, I struggled with normal sweats too.

Trend Setter
    I posted in here a few weeks back that I got Orlebar Brown and Sunspel sweats and that I preferred the OB one. Well that was then, I just LOVE my Sunspel. I wear it so much and it never looks creased or stretched or baggy. I've also washed it a few times and it hasn't faded or anything. I did get the navy one, though. And the OB is grey, which I also love but don't wear it as much.

+ Reply to Thread