FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Navy Suit Help

Hi.
    I'm looking for a New Year celebration outfit , and I chose a navy blue suit ( navy jacket, sky-blue or white shirt, navy trousers and navy socks ) .
    But I'm undecided on what kind of shoes and tie to wear.
    What you think of this shoes model (dark brown)?

What do you recommend for the tie?

Thanks.

Trend Setter
    It all rather depends on how formal a do you are going to, doesn't it?

A suit and tie implies it is pretty formal. The shoes look to be brown suede - which is stylish but fairly informal for a suit. Polished leather would be more formal and black leather necessary if the event is at the upper end of formality.

If you are going with the suede shoes, I'd go for a fairly casual tie. This seems to be the moment to break out the knitted or woolen ties.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    It all rather depends on how formal a do you are going to, doesn't it?

A suit and tie implies it is pretty formal. The shoes look to be brown suede - which is stylish but fairly informal for a suit. Polished leather would be more formal and black leather necessary if the event is at the upper end of formality.

If you are going with the suede shoes, I'd go for a fairly casual tie. This seems to be the moment to break out the knitted or woolen ties.
    Umh understand.
    It's kinda a formal event xD.
    So i think that this kind of shoes (black color) and a navy blue slim-tie (half winsor node) could be better, right?

+ Reply to Thread