FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last
    JLG

Fashionisto

Uni interview? - What would you wear?

As title says ,Got a few uni interviews coming up , Its for a art subject.I went to one last year (Got accepted but took a year out instead) , Everyone just wore - t-shirt and jeans apart from one guy who wore jeans with a patterned shirt and blazer.Im not sure if you would be expected to dress smart or not?

Style Icon
    Wear whatever you feel confident in. For a college interview it's not what you are wearing but how you put yourself across that matters.

JLG

Fashionisto
    Well in that case i would wear some indigo jeans , A checked/casual shirt and tan belt/chukkas and thats fairly but still beats the jeans and t shirt (Imo) , I was thinking maybe incoperate a blazer as well , Though im not sure .

I get that it will be about more than your what you wear , You obviously have to get the grades and give off a good impression of your personality while in the interview and what you wear should be the least of your worries but was just wondering what everyone though , Will probably wear what i said above though i wore something like it last time and i he told me in the interview that i was accepted so hopefully be the same way this time when im set on going to uni.

Trend Setter
    Art?

Draw clothes on your naked body!

Trend Setter
    Or draw naked bodies onto your clothes...

Or maybe not, that would be more appropriate for a degree in ballistics and rocket science.

Des

Style Icon
    It's a piece of piss getting in to a standard uni these days. They need you more than you need them
    But if you're applying to those which require an interview as well as grades AND a portfolio, then I'd go to town and wear my besties.

JLG

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    It's a piece of piss getting in to a standard uni these days. They need you more than you need them
    But if you're applying to those which require an interview as well as grades AND a portfolio, then I'd go to town and wear my besties.
    Not what sure the difference is between a standard one and the second , All of the ones im applying to require a portfolio , Require i meet the grade points and have a interview in which ill have to take my portfolio and talk through it.

Des

Style Icon
    Ah for real I forgot how the art applicants do things. You should be fine with your usual smart threads.
    Cos you can't just send in your portfolio you need to present it

JLG

Fashionisto
    So what comes under "Smart threads"? , Most of my clothes are my old ones and a few newer ones that are mixed/matched (Cant wait to buy everything new for uni xD , If i get in that is haha) , If i had to pick id just wear tan chukka boots/belt , some smart indigo jeans and then all i have in my wardrobe is a few casual shirts (One striped , 5+ Checked or similar and then one white shirt) , I also have a black blazer i could wear.

Des

Style Icon
    I think your choice of jeans and shirt sounds fine.

+ Reply to Thread