FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

Best and worst Christmas presents (clothes and accessories)...

Bit of a slow day in the forum, so lets have a light hearted look back at some of the gifts that have unexpectedly rocked your fashionable world, or what has been consigned straight to the back of the wardrobe.

No bile thou, a gift is a beautiful and generous thing after all...

Best - A Calvin Klein navy peagcoat from my gf, double breasted and fitted better than I appreciated at the time. Student woes required me to sell on eBay to help me eat, and i have never been able to replace.

Worst - a silver faced seconda watch with an elasticated yellow 'gold' strap(?), as bright as the sun. I think at the time I was idolising kurt cobain, dressing in German army boots and lumberjack shirts. My look didn't quite suit the aesthetic of the two-bob wideboy look of the watch. Thanks Mam...

FashionBeans Staff
    my parents know not to buy me clothes at xmas or birthdays I'm too particular and it isn't so exciting unwrapping something you have spent hours looking for and simply told them to go and buy.

I got a decent baking tray one year and that is easily up in my top five gifts. Never to be underestimated a good baking tray. Sadly lost in the ether of a student house move many moons ago........

Trend Setter
    Nice start William.. I'm looking out for a nice new baking tray in the Christmas sales. There is a time in every mans life where he throws out all his cookware and buys industry standard stainless steel. My pans have duly been chucked out and replaced, now time for the trays.

Style Icon
    [Best] Either the Seiko Sarb0035 my gf got me or an always pleasing gift card from one of my favourite stores.

[Worst] Its not bad as such, but I found it humorous. My mum bought me a Sat Nav and loads of car goodies from floor mats to sponges. The downside was I didnt have car, I didnt even have a license. In fact I wasnt taking any lessons, only planning to lol. So I ended up giving her the Sat Nav as a gift about a week later as I said it would be put to better use (kindly) than the bottom of my wardrobe.

Thoughtful, but just not the right time to be utilised. We see the funny side of it now. I didnt start driving for about 5 years later and have never owned a car.

FashionBeans Legend
    I used to get shit presents off my brothers. My older brother used to buy me CDs of bands I didn't like but he did, just so he could listen to them

My younger brother once gave me a Man United jersey for Christmas. I'm a big fan, but wouldn't be seen dead in a replica shirt - especially the one he got me as it was several sizes too big and had a hole in it, presumably from where the security tag had been before it was nicked.

Generally people don't buy me clothes, though the missus got me a nice parka this year.

Trend Setter
    I was thinking about wearing my Newcastle top for this month's challenge. Not the current one, but the last one I bought, circa '95. The one and only 100% cotton shirt worn in the top league in the last two decades.

FashionBeans Legend
    You might have a better chance of winning a competition wearing a Newcastle jersey than the players will.

Trend Setter
    lol.

They're not a bad shout for the League Cup actually. Hopefully didn't jinx them.

Trend Setter
    Whoops .

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesterPerry View Post
    Whoops .
    Cursed... I think that Stoke are gonna win the league...

+ Reply to Thread