FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Is there any point in keeping these?

Like a couple of the articles have been saying, it's 2015 and I'm trying to clear some space in my wardrobe for (potential/probably) expansion. There are two things that I'm not sure whether it's worth me keeping.

H&M Plain black shirt - I used to wear this when working for John Lewis and/or doing bar work. It say me through uni but I can't actually think of a situation where I'd want to wear a black shirt - it'd just make me feel like I should be serving people drinks. I believe it's this one.

River Island petrol blue chinos - Again, I bought these for when I worked in an office last summer and wore them a few times with a white shirt, but aside from work, I can't decide if they're worth wearing casually at all.

Any suggestions please? Cheers guys.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by jpttaylor View Post
    Like a couple of the articles have been saying, it's 2015 and I'm trying to clear some space in my wardrobe for (potential/probably) expansion. There are two things that I'm not sure whether it's worth me keeping.

H&M Plain black shirt - I used to wear this when working for John Lewis and/or doing bar work. It say me through uni but I can't actually think of a situation where I'd want to wear a black shirt - it'd just make me feel like I should be serving people drinks. I believe it's this one.

River Island petrol blue chinos - Again, I bought these for when I worked in an office last summer and wore them a few times with a white shirt, but aside from work, I can't decide if they're worth wearing casually at all.

Any suggestions please? Cheers guys.
    the chinos could look good in summer with a white roll sleeve tee and espadrilles. Depends how you feel though because if you're really put off then bin them.

FashionBeans Staff
    Keep the chinos, ditch the shirt. As you say, black shirts will always make you look like a barman and after one wash the colour will fade. The chinos are really versatile, just don't wear light blue with them. They make a much needed change from navy.

Trend Setter
    Since you are thinking of getting rid of these pieces, I suggest to put them on the recycly bin all together.

Trend Setter
    What Will says. Plain black shirts are a no-no outside of a Wetherspoons job, and the petrol chinos are potentially really refreshing as an alternative S/S chino.

Fashionisto
    Black shirts aren't too bad if you layer them with coloured knitwear etc. but certainly on their own they're not so great.

Thanks for the help guys. I think the black shirts are going, but I'll keep the blue chinos for when the weather warms up a bit. They look really nice with my white oxford shirt, so now I just need to think of more things to wear them with.

+ Reply to Thread