FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Brando leather jacket

Alright! As you may conclude from the title I'm looking for that leather jacket that fits like a glove and makes all the girls turn their heads. Given the fact that I am a broke student that also has to save for next year's erasmus, I can't go for the perfecto jackets from Schott nor the Viaparo jackets. Allsaints look quite good and many of the people in this forum have given nice reviews about them, but I want the exact same classic style, just a leather bl. My budget stays around the 200 euros (if I find the perfect one I could spend 250 but it would have to be too good).

So... after a long neurotic search I found the one that seems to have the best quality/price: Leather Jacket - Leather jacket by Classic Style - Article Number: 130109 - from 147.99 problem is that I sort of don't trust this site. They seem to do that metalhead clothing I escape from. I much prefer bluesrock and jazz. I wouldn't like the kind of jacket that looks thick, heavy and rough like the one from reclaimed vintage that is being sold on asos (I don't know why I can't post too many links)

Then what should I do? Just buy it? Look somewhere else? Go for the Brando jackets that are being sold on eBay?

Note that I am a 20 year old 175cm dude (a size M from the EMP would perharps be a bit short, but the L too wide on the sides) and quite athletic. Also I would wear it with blue washed/ black skinny ralph lauren denim supply jeans and white t-shirt and boots.

FashionBeans Legend
    For me, the Perfecto - despite being an iconic piece - has been bettered by modern versions of biker jackets with slimmer fits and less boxy cuts... the likes of which All Saints produce.

The one you posted a link to is a poor imitation of the Schott and will look it.

If I were you, I'd hit eBay for something decent within your budget. I'd also try & get something in nappa... cow & buffalo leather tends to be a lot more rigid, while nappa is softer making it nicer and easier to wear.

Trend Setter
    I just bought a biker jacket from an eBay seller in India:

New mens biker black lambskin leather jacket coat size xs s m l xl xxl - UKA031 | eBay

it's clearly a copy of the vintage Perfecto: Leather jackets / Imitation leather Schott PERFECTO VINTAGE Black - Free next day delivery with Spartoo.co.uk ! - Clothing Men 352.13

the seller made it to my exact measurements from another jacket I have. The quality is really decent, though it doesn't have the worn in look that the pictures have, so I'm doing a bit of DIY on it

+1 for nappa leather and a slimmer cut

I have a Belstaff biker which is a more traditional fit and is quite tough leather, and while it's a beautiful jacket it does make it a bit harder to wear so it just doesn't come out that much sadly

Hmm thanks. You guys are being really useful! I think I'll look for that nappa leather as I'd like to get a good jacket to wear for years (despite the limited budget). Searching on eBay i found this jacket that looks really really good (and even cheaper): Brando Black Slim Fit Nappa 100% Real Leather, Motorcycle Biker Style Jacket | eBay
    The problem is that the sizes aren't specified and I don't know how an L would fit me. I have a leather jacket I bought from pepe jeans on a sale which is quite like this: Leather jacket Portobello LENNON and got in in an L and fits me not too bad.
    MAybe I buy the one from eBay or opt for an Allsaints and modernize the look a little bit. What do you think?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
    Hmm thanks. You guys are being really useful! I think I'll look for that nappa leather as I'd like to get a good jacket to wear for years (despite the limited budget). Searching on eBay i found this jacket that looks really really good (and even cheaper): Brando Black Slim Fit Nappa 100% Real Leather, Motorcycle Biker Style Jacket | eBay
    The problem is that the sizes aren't specified and I don't know how an L would fit me. I have a leather jacket I bought from pepe jeans on a sale which is quite like this: Leather jacket Portobello LENNON and got in in an L and fits me not too bad.
    MAybe I buy the one from eBay or opt for an Allsaints and modernize the look a little bit. What do you think?
    The eBay seller I posted will make a jacket based on your exact measurements for no extra money, and they have loads of designs - just search their shop.

I've got a Diesel leather that was a steal on eBay. It's not the greatest brand any more, but all the leathers I've handled of theirs have been beautiful quality, and the branding is discreet.

This looks like a good buy for your budget

Genuine Diesel Soft Black Leather Biker Jacket Medium 40 Chest Zipped TORN | eBay

And this looks wicked

diesel leather jacket | eBay

One thing I would say is to get it very slim fitting. You only want to be able to fit a shirt / t shirt under it really. It's not a layering piece.

These jacket look really good indeed and the price is almost too low. How dos yours look and fit?

I like the second jacket but I think I'd buy one from allsaints better. Even though I prefer a slim fit, and assuming brando and presley's jackets were regular/classic fit (correct me if I'm wrong) why is it so important to be slim fit?

Looking at the EMP link you first posted, I got a biker jacket in that style from Camden Market for about 80, very thick heavy leather though and needs a bit more breaking in really.

I would still love one from All Saints, but at the time Camden pricing was better. That jacketonemanarmy got from India via eBay looks pretty decent though!

+ Reply to Thread