FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Navy Suit Lavender shirt need tie suggestions

Hello I recently purchased a Navy blue suit and a lavender shirt for my upcoming wedding. I am looking for tie color suggestions and if I should wear a long tie or bow tie. I would really like something that is elegant but still "pops". With long ties I prefer slim/skinny ties. All suggestions and links are welcome!

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by dmassanelli83 View Post
    Hello I recently purchased a Navy blue suit and a lavender shirt for my upcoming wedding. I am looking for tie color suggestions and if I should wear a long tie or bow tie. I would really like something that is elegant but still "pops". With long ties I prefer slim/skinny ties. All suggestions and links are welcome!
    You can't got wrong with a navy tie. If you wanted to mix it up, get a knit tie instead of silk. Knit ties look elegant and if you wanted to make it pop then you could pick one up with a subtle pattern. Also add in details like a tie clip if you want to pop/stand out.

Personally i'd go for a bow tie. They're conversation starters, look great and will be different from what everyone else is wearing. If you choose to go for a bow tie then have a look at Sam1234's bowtie shop thread. There are some fantastic bow ties on there!

Hope this helped a bit.

+ Reply to Thread