FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

What belt with casual black chinos?

Just bought a pair of black chinos (Reg Trouser - Black - Hope STHLM) for a casual look.

I like to aways use a belt, maybe that's just wrong thinking? I don't need the belt per se as they fit perfectly. What are your thoughts? Suggestions?

FashionBeans Legend
    If you don't need a belt with them, then you don't need to wear one. Looks fine without one.

A look is never complete without a belt for me.

Trend Setter
    I used to feel really self conscious with-out a belt, and I still wear once 99% of the time - but there have been a few good article on the main site, especially with regards to relaxing a formal look where they have the outfit without belt and it can look pretty cool.
    how-ever, I think you need snake-hips like our friend DG here, to pull it off...

I find cotton chinos loses it's shape very quickly even if it's well fitted if you don't wear a belt, especially if you're sitting down a lot. You can get away with if it has a good amount of elastane in it or if you're wearing other materials like wool trousers.

If I wear a belt, I take a smart leather belt to match the shoes. For me, its the tucked in shirt/top which makes the outfit smarter, and if its untucked, you won't see the belt anyway - plus your pants are in the same place as they are on the start of the day. I find most casual belts, canvas etc. really tacky.

+ Reply to Thread