FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Navy Blue Suit and Pink Shirt ???

What do you guys think about Navy Blue Suit and Pink Shirt and Brown Shoes?

Trend Setter
    Why not?

Given the dark shade of navy blue, I'd be tempted to wear slightly darker brown shoes (maybe chestnut or oxblood red/brown, even) and possibly something less eye scorching than the red of those socks, but's just me.

Trend Setter
    Agree on the socks, no need to make a statement there.

Are you wearing a tie?
    I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear.....

Style Icon
    That looks a good outfit.
    My fashion blog, 24 Pinfold Street at wordpress.
    Instagram: samrjclemens

Seems fine to me.

Just an addition to this, what sort of ties would you wear with a navy suit and white shirt? Would you go block colours or patterned? Knitted? Just wanted some second thoughts?

I was thinking maybe a burgundy knitted tie with a white shirt, navy suit and black shoes? Thoughts?

Des

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by sweatsandhoods View Post
    Just an addition to this, what sort of ties would you wear with a navy suit and white shirt? Would you go block colours or patterned? Knitted? Just wanted some second thoughts?

I was thinking maybe a burgundy knitted tie with a white shirt, navy suit and black shoes? Thoughts?
    I still don't know the rules with knitted ties. I think last year they were seen as strictly casual but recently I've noticed a few people on the commute wearing them with formal suits. But a navy suit and burgundy tie I believe is a classic if not standard combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    I still don't know the rules with knitted ties. I think last year they were seen as strictly casual but recently I've noticed a few people on the commute wearing them with formal suits. But a navy suit and burgundy tie I believe is a classic if not standard combo.
    I just liked the idea of a knitted tie, didn't really know it was more of a casual piece. May just stick to a normal tie. Also would you recommend black shoes or brown shoes? I assume of I'm going brown, they'd have to be like really dark brown?

The event is not really a formal event. It's a headmasters dinner, sorta like a last time where our whole year will be together for a school event and we are recommended to wear either school uniform or a suit. I assume most people would be wearing suits and that too, either charcoal grey or navy.

Just wanted to get some ideas on tie colours. I've had a look on google images and there are loads with shades of blue so I assume that's the safest option but it just seemed a bit boring....

This just looks ridiculously boring to me anyway...

+ Reply to Thread