FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Trouser Braces - Are You a Fan?

I wondered what the general opinion of braces for trousers is? I recently had a suit tailored and it has buttons for braces so I've been looking for a nice pair/set.

Here is a standard set I have been considering. Although I'd prefer silver clips to gold.

Navy Plain Braces Braid Leather - 12731 | T.M.Lewin

The following have been coming down in price. Although I don't like the inclusion of clips.

REISS Mens Berlin Mid Brown Leather Braces

Is anyone into braces? If so, what should I be looking for in terms of brand, width, material, etc?

Thanks

the ones in reiss are beauties!!!

I love braces.. dont own enough in fairness.. think its my goal over the year to get more trousers purely to wear braces with them lol

Nat

Style Icon
    Yes I'm a big fan. Even though they're talked about, you don't see many people wearing them, so they're a great way to express a bit of individuality into an outfit.

Also, they look equally good with a casual (though perhaps not too casual) look - get a clip on pair, and wear them with slim jeans or chinos and a shirt. Do it Ross!

Jay

Style Icon
    I saw the Reiss ones a while back and was sorely tempted, but the simple truth is that braces only look good on taller, skinny guys. Portly chaps should steer clear. I'm a shortie (although not portly), so I'm not sure they'll work. If those Reiss ones are still on sale on the 27th (payday), I might consider it.

+ Reply to Thread