FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    khw

Sunglasses Help

Hi all, I'm about to take the plunge and spend a reasonable amount on a pair of sunglasses for my holiday. Normally I've bought reasonably cheap pairs that have just done a job, but they've always been unsatisfactory long-term or when the sun has been particularly strong.

I've read the articles and posts on Fashionbeans, as well as elsewhere, and checked out a few online places. It seems that buying online without trying on is a danger, which means my options for getting a pair instore are really restricted to Sunglass Hut. Although I do live in London so I can go wherever.

I checked on Sunglass Hut for my 'face type' and it came back as round face. Should I then use this to find a good deal online or is the option of trying them on instore still a better bet?

I'm looking at spending around £100. My first thought is to go with the classic black Ray Ban wayfarers, but I'm happy to look at other brands, especially if they're a bit niche so that you stand out

Some of those I've seen include:

Fossil Jamison Square Sunglasses - Jamison Square Sunglasses FOS2003S01X7 | FOSSIL® UK

Anything from Ace and Tate. I like the look of the Cayman and Baker's - https://www.aceandtate.com/men-sunglasses

Retrosuperfuture Flat Tops - SUPER by RETROSUPERFUTURE Flat Top Sunglasses (Black)

I don't mind the look of Carreras either.

Obviously I have more choice online, though Sunglass Hut has a good range still within my range.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Anything around £100 for a round face fit is the sole specs really. I don't need prescription lenses and polarised would be better as I'd use them for driving too. Thanks.

FashionBeans Legend
    I would have said RetroSuperFuture tbh, if not maybe Oliver Peoples but they are a bit pricier.
    Still its good to have a pair of standard RayBan Wayfarers as a go to.

khw

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I would have said RetroSuperFuture tbh, if not maybe Oliver Peoples but they are a bit pricier.
    Still its good to have a pair of standard RayBan Wayfarers as a go to.
    Cheers, I went with a pair of amber Calthorpe's from Cubitts in the end. I like them!

+ Reply to Thread