FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    JLG

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    115
    Offline

    Uni clothes

    Ive posted this in another post (Red trainers) , but i thought its better creating a new post.

    i dont have alot of cash for uni and i dont have much clothes , right now i have quite alot of shirts / hoodies / have enough jeans (3 pairs in different washes) , a few t shirts but thats it.Also have a black jacket which i wear pretty much all the time (What i usally wear is white trainers / jeans / white/black/grey t shirt with a black jacket)

    the main thing i need however is shoes , but im also looking to pick up a few more items , any suggestions on the clothes?

    Navy jacket

    b
    lack cardigan

    g
    rey / black / white t shirts

    white trainers

    and then some going out shoes (Nightclubs mainly) im not sure what to go with tbh.Any suggestions?

    Also the jacket , I wanted one like this

    https://gyazo.com/3391276d0c83b4fa085ff00fc83ace2a

    the colour is alot better in that one IMO , anyone for any links?

  2. #2
    JLG

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    115
    Offline
    https://gyazo.com/cee96c987c0c8f10d9dd31aa4355220e

    that one shows the jacket better.

  3. #3

    Fashionisto
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    35
    Offline
    I'd go with the new Converse Chuck II's in white over those Stan Smith's. They look fresher IMO

  4. #4
    McCoy's Avatar

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    692
    Offline
    If you can JLG, get someone to take you somewhere like Cheshire Oaks. Tons of student-friendly brands, and at the mo some great prices. You only really need a few outfits at this point that look great and you will be streets ahead.


    Keep some money aside tbh until you get there. You might end up living in a freezing room/house, and therefore buying some thermals and joggers will be more important than having a pair of brogues. Same is true of the weather, but I'd recommend ploughing a good amount into a warm coat. There's a reason why duffles and parkas are associated with students - we tend to be out a lot, have to walk a lot, and we need something no-nonsense.
    My fashion blog, 24 Pinfold Street at wordpress.
    Instagram: samrjclemens

  5. #5
    JLG

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    115
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by ElNino333 View Post
    I'd go with the new Converse Chuck II's in white over those Stan Smith's. They look fresher IMO
    The high top ones look really nice (except for the logo which ruins it IMO) ,the low top ones do look fairly nice , Where can i get them / how much are they etc?

  6. #6
    JLG

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    115
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    If you can JLG, get someone to take you somewhere like Cheshire Oaks. Tons of student-friendly brands, and at the mo some great prices. You only really need a few outfits at this point that look great and you will be streets ahead.


    Keep some money aside tbh until you get there. You might end up living in a freezing room/house, and therefore buying some thermals and joggers will be more important than having a pair of brogues. Same is true of the weather, but I'd recommend ploughing a good amount into a warm coat. There's a reason why duffles and parkas are associated with students - we tend to be out a lot, have to walk a lot, and we need something no-nonsense.
    thats quite far away tbh , i dont think id like to go all the way out there and may end up not buying much.

    The money im spending now is just extra that i have after buying everything i need for uni (all the basic stuff , bedding , kitchen stuff etc) and a new macbook so ill be spending this money (Im not sure how much exactly untill i actually buy the macbook) but its around 200/300.After that i will get more money in uni for more clothes if needed (Im owed money which i will be getting during uni) so i dont need to worry about having money and realising i need some clothes.

    im just focusing on making sure i have everyday clothes for now (Like i said i wear jacket / t shirt / jeans / shoes) so i dont really need too much , just need to make sure i have stuff for going out as well (Especially first week)

  7. #7
    MLM's Avatar
    MLM

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    405
    Offline
    Would disagree about the Cheshire Oaks thing, got a McArthur Glen thing near me too and tbh, you'll get just as good/better deals shopping online + newer stock.

  8. #8
    Des

    FashionBeans Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,048
    Offline
    A whole new wardrobe for uni?
    Uni wardrobe

    Wtf man! Why have you left it so late?

  9. #9

    Fashionisto
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    35
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by JLG View Post
    The high top ones look really nice (except for the logo which ruins it IMO) ,the low top ones do look fairly nice , Where can i get them / how much are they etc?
    Schuh, Office etc. The white hi-tops are what I've got, they're 60.

  10. #10
    JLG

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    115
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    A whole new wardrobe for uni?
    Uni wardrobe

    Wtf man! Why have you left it so late?
    Lol because instead of going by the plan of buying clothes weekly / monthly i had to make sure i had enough cash to get my macbook , and for other things (And i spent more than i should have on going out etc) but im going in 1 month so i have to do it now haha , like i said after i buy my macbook ill have around 200/300 spare.Im looking at buying it at the end of this week.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts