FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last

Fashionisto

What is the one item that really annoys you?

Saw somebody in one of those double collar shirts today. They just really annoy me...particularly when worn with a tie.

FashionBeans Legend
    people that don't take the label off their suit sleeve.

ICA

Quote Originally Posted by ukalec View Post
    people that don't take the label off their suit sleeve.
    Or leave the stitching on the vents. Cringe.

There's a guy on Insta called @_phil who wears an Acne scarf all the time, carefully positioned to have the label showing. Also cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by ICA View Post
    There's a guy on Insta called @_phil who wears an Acne scarf all the time, carefully positioned to have the label showing. Also cringe.
    Haha I think the same thing every time I see his pics.

FashionBeans Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Haha I think the same thing every time I see his pics.
    That and the fact that his jeans are way too tight for him; they always throw off his proportions imo

FashionBeans Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ICA View Post
    Or leave the stitching on the vents. Cringe.
    yep - this too.

I saw a fella at the weekend that had obviously just dropped a pretty sum on a lovely camel overcoat - but he had also done the same. I was wondering if he will think he has ripped the stitching when it inevitably breaks.

FashionBeans Legend
    One thing that really gets my goat is the Irish Country Man's Work Uniform. In rural parts of Ireland, it is accepted that a sensible and indeed respectable way to dress for almost any job - be it office based, retail, sales rep, etc., is the following:

"Smart" shoes - these can be any type of shoes, but are generally the type of shoes that can't be described - they aresn't brogues, monks, derbies, loafers of wing tips and they ain't driving shoes, boat shoes. They are just shoes.

"Smart" boot-cut jeans. Smart means that they have no distressing and are generally a solid wash. An ironed in crease along the centre of the leg is considered "very smart".

A "smart" shirt. You can tell a smart shirt apart from a normal shirt by one factor - the smart shirt has stripes. Almost always blue on white.

A fleece jacket. This is where the indiviuality of the fit comes into play. Some guys will go for a local football team logo, others a corporate logo, others no logo at all. Colourwise - generally blue, black or green, but red is fine as is a dark purple.

In the winter, is is not acceptable to accessorise with hats or scarves no matter how cold it gets. And God help you if you are seen with an umbrella. Doesn't matter a fuck how wet you get... DO NOT BE SEEN WITH AN UMBRELLA.

FashionBeans Legend
    hahaha what a nightmare

Style Icon
    Anything with a Ralph Lauren logo on it. Burn it.

Trend Setter
    For when you realise a fondness for attire has dumped you the wrong side of hipster, monkstraps.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last