FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post

- Invest in some SLIM or straight leg indigo or dark wash jeans (selvedge is best), these will make a huge difference to your look immediately. You might actually find this one of the hardest things to get used to. I would say that slimmer legs are better, but straight legs can work well, shopping around the brands will reveal quite a lot of difference in the fit, its worth doing the research.
    I'm going to be a real pedant here but selvedge denim doesn't always mean its better quality. A pair of asos or errrr, all saints (gahh) selvedge jeans won't come anywhere near to the quality of most non selvedge edwin or lee 101, not to mention the likes of warehouse etc.

One thing I would add to all this is that you should be looking for quality garments. Make sure your knitwear is non-man made fibres, T-shirts are 100% cotton etc etc.

To get your head around what colours you like together, look at the street style and lookbooks sections on here. While the looks may be a bit outlandish, the colour principles remain the same.

In Bristol you should be looking in Reiss, All Saints, Kurt Geiger, Garment Quartier, House of Fraser, French Connection. I also love a bit of TK Maxx, but if you hate shopping it will probabky be your idea of a nightmare.

+ Reply to Thread