FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Help with Wedding Suit

Hi

I am new to this forum to try and get some fashion advice. I have trouble matching a shirt to a pair of trousers and with my brothers wedding coming up in March I thought I could do with some help.

So far I am torn between these 2 suits but I would also be open to other ideas please:

Madrid Tailored Suit by Skopes

and

DKNY Slim Fit Petrol Blue Mixer Jacket

Thanks
    John

Trend Setter
    Madrid Tailored suit by Skopes:

im going to assume you mean the light blue suit (not the black version which also shows on that page you linked in). As its a light blue suit, id personally recommend either a white shirt or very light blue gingham / mini scheck type shirt. Id sway more towards a decent fitting white shirt - if you want to add colour, id leave that to the tie / pocket squares / socks. Either way what i think is important is you'd want to avoid the shirt being darker than the jacket more than anything.

DKNY Petrol Blue Suit:

This suit is much darker than the Skopes one, so with this i think you have a little room for additional options. Either white, light blue or light pink shirt should work well with it. Again, colour can be added with the use of coloured ties / pocket squares / socks etc. However, if you choose the light pink option, id avoid a tie. But thats just me personally.

Either way - the best advice id give on this shirt with suit option etc, is choose a shirt which is noticably lighter in colur, then the jacket. A shirt thats darker than the suit jacket will just look odd and out of place.

On accessories, thats down to taste. Ties aren't really necessary, especially with the light Skopes suit. You'd be amazed at how good a basic combination of well fitting suit and well fitting white shirt alone can look brilliant. If the fit is bang on, something basic can look amazing.

Hope that helps!

Thank you Trend Setter that helps a lot.

+ Reply to Thread