FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Trainers for clubbing?

Can you guys recommend footwear for clubbing/nights out?

Most of my nights out build up to a warehouse rave so trainers are obviously preferred, the problem is that some of the bars we visit for pre drinks can be quite fussy.

ICA

Maybe just some plain black plimsoll type things?

Vans / Stans / Arigato / CP type stuff depending on budget. Might be able to get something a bit beat on eBay or grailed...

I go to a lot of warehouse rave type stuff but normally just wear my beat old Our Legacy off courts as we don't tend to go anywhere fussy beforehand. What sort of fussy are they? Is it like shirt & shoes or a "smart trainers" type of thing? Bit of a quandary as they aren't going to be smart any more when you've worn them to a rave a few times.

Just as a completely different suggestion, I sometimes go for boots, something along these lines works with most stuff and is practical for a night out -

Paired with skinny jeans, a plain tee and a jacket (bomber / leather / denim) this will prob get you in most places but also won't make you look like a twat in the rave.

Fashionisto
    I just had a look at those our legacy off courts and there very nice.

It's difficult to say which type of fussy they are, i live near Glasgow and a lot of the door staff are more likely to let you in with a pair of 10 shoes from Asda than a pair of CP's.

I like the idea of the boots, they would probably take more of kicking than vans etc.

Trend Setter
    If you can get in with them, I'd go Stan Smiths. Cheap to replace if you ruin/scuff them, easy to wipe dirt off seen as their leather, and they look fresh.

I'd get either the classic green and white pair or the all whites.

Des

FashionBeans Legend
    By fussy I'm assuming they're not keen on running trainers. Somewhere like Mr Porter distinguishes the two into low top sneakers and sports shoes..

Des

FashionBeans Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by goku View Post
    It's difficult to say which type of fussy they are, i live near Glasgow and a lot of the door staff are more likely to let you in with a pair of 10 shoes from Asda than a pair of CP's.
    "gis a blowjob"

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    "gis a blowjob"
    "I gi you a blowjob"

Avoid anything with canvas or suede. Dancefloors are notorious for being covered in a sort of dark gunk that is very difficult to remove. I'd stick to leather and keep babywipes handy for the afterparty. Enjoy yourself!

Des

FashionBeans Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ElNino333 View Post
    "I gi you a blowjob"
    So happy someone didn't leave me hangin..

i always got for black or oreo flyknits when I'm raving, the breathability makes them a good option if you've had a bean or two...

+ Reply to Thread