FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Opinions On ASOS Suits

Hi fashionbeans

first post here! Want to get a new suit , thinking about one from ASOS, want to know a bit more about them, are their sizes reflective of what they sell them as? are they good quality? how do they compare in quality to other similar high st brands such as topman or burton?

I've had a couple of Asos suits and been really pleased. The sizing can be a little inconsistent, but is generally accurate. I prefer the quality to Topman, Burton etc, and you can pick up nice tweed / wool mix ones in the sale for peanuts.

Trend Setter
    i brought one a while back and wasnt very pleased with the fit of the jacket - typically i would buy a 38 short from most places, but the asos 38" was waaay too tight on my arm's, a 40" may have fitted better though.
    The trousers fitted fine, and the suit looked really nice though.

get the suit in my opinion - asos are really good with their returns if you dont like it.

Fashionisto
    Asos are my go to for suits, slim fit ones fit me absolutely perfectly, waist 32" fits exactly with no belt. I just think they are great value. Depends on your body shape but once you find somewhere that fit your shape then you know you can go back.

Fashionisto
    I just purchased this one

ASOS | ASOS Skinny Fit Houndstooth Suit Jacket at ASOS

As Pin said peanuts in the sale

Jay

Style Icon
    This is why I wouldn't go near an Asos or similar quality suit:

Asos Skinny Fit Houndstooth Suit Jacket

Body: 50% Wool, 26% Polyester, 13% Nylon, 5% Viscose, 5% Acrylic, 1% Elastane

Body Lining: 66% Polyester, 34% Cotton
    Sleeve Lining: 100% Polyester
    The material goes shiny in no time, wears thin and is generally false economy. Spend three times more on a suit and it will last you six times longer if looked after.

I do understand that for some folks who maybe don't wear suits so often or even want to throw a suit into casual wear (which I love to do on occasion) they have their place, but not for me.

Fashionisto
    ^True but at that price I don't intend for it to last me. You see I only really need it for one event I have coming up next week and I couldn't find anything I liked enough to invest in at the moment. Tailor made would be the other option but I need it quickly.

Your right though natural fibers is always the way to go, spend a bit more and have your clothes last much longer.

Jay

Style Icon
    Oh, I understand completely. If an item is not needed to last, then why spend a fortune? For me though, my suits are a work staple that get daily use and I need to last me a long while.

I don't mind purchasing something less expensive if the quality is good. The Burton heritage collection suits for example were great value and all natural fibres. I may well purchases one of the blazers (£125 for 100% wool is awesome value) come pay day in two days time.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Oh, I understand completely. If an item is not needed to last, then why spend a fortune? For me though, my suits are a work staple that get daily use and I need to last me a long while.

I don't mind purchasing something less expensive if the quality is good. The Burton heritage collection suits for example were great value and all natural fibres. I may well purchases one of the blazers (£125 for 100% wool is awesome value) come pay day in two days time.
    What do you look for on the label (in these areas and any others) when purchasing a suit Jay?

Body: 50% Wool, 26% Polyester, 13% Nylon, 5% Viscose, 5% Acrylic, 1% Elastane
    Body Lining: 66% Polyester, 34% Cotton

Sleeve Lining: 100% Polyester

Fashionisto
    You are looking at the body, only consider those that are 100 or 90 % cotton,wool,cahsmire and else.
    No matter what label clothing is,if it is made out of polyester or nylon it cost them really little to make it, and it wont last long, no matter what price it is selling for.
    I am quite dissapointed of Armani who use factory made fabrics for their diffusion labels but stick with high price. It is present in many diffusion labels of other designers, which is basically stealing money from us and them selling brand name without substance.
    Also with washing above named fabrics really badly handle washing.

+ Reply to Thread