FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Christmas Party Outfit Ideas - Theme: Hollywood

Hi guys,

We had our Christmas party announced today with the theme 'Hollywood'. Any ideas for an outfit I could wear? It can either be something worn in a film (Preferably well known - I briefly considered Ryan Gosling in Drive but decided against it) OR it can be a memorable outfit worn at a film premier/awards ceremony.

Thoughts appreciated.
    Mark J Winter

Trend Setter
    If you can get hold of one, I'd wear a midnight blue tux. You'll look amazing.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by markjwinter86 View Post
    I briefly considered Ryan Gosling in Drive
    hahahaha, my first thought.. Scorpion jacket, driving gloves, hammer.

Topgun - either the white or leather jacket/shades
    Marty McFly
    Axel Foley
    The Joker
    Men In Black
    Neo

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown View Post
    hahahaha, my first thought.. Scorpion jacket, driving gloves, hammer.o
    My mate bought me some tooth picks as a joke birthday present as a nod to Driver, not too sure I'd get away with a Hammer though ha

Not sure I could get away with Axel Foley either, I don't know of many lanky white boys that could pull off Eddie Murphy... definitely should've worded that better.
    Mark J Winter

Fashionisto
    James bond?

Sam

Style Icon
    Cannes isn't Hollywood, perhaps - but I'm sure if you managed to find a powder blue shawl collared tux, many would recognise it as Ryan Gosling's from Cannes Film Festival! Another one I always remember was something Jude Law wore, also at Cannes I believe, which looked fantastic; a navy tux with skinny shawl lapels, white shirt and, brilliantly, a rich cream bow tie.

If you were to go as a film character... The only two for me are Marlon Brando as Johnny Strabler in The Wild One and James Dean as Jim Stark in Rebel Without a Cause. There are thousands of stylish films - those are just me favourites! But I think dressing up just looks silly to be honest

Trend Setter
    I was going to say the same as Sam! Ryan Gosling has made many interesting colour choices in suits and tuxes lately, as powder blue, forest green or burgundy, that will surely make you stand out form the crowd. I'm not so sure wether someone who's not so fashion-obsessed will recognize them though.

Fashionisto
    That was dumb of me, I even knew it was Cannes.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of dressing up either. Ideally I'd like to go in some kind of suit that isn't just straight forward black with a tie. So going as James Bond is out of the question... also because I imagine a lot of people may do that.

I'm liking the Burgundy idea though. I remember seeing that in the Ryan Gosling post that went up fairly recently. I might have a look about for that. My only issue with would be wearing a bow tie - I think they're largely for try hards and aren't particularly cool. Apologies if I'm offending anyone there.
    Mark J Winter

Trend Setter
    Ryan Gosling wore a bow tie, but I think you could change it for a normal tie and nobody would notice.

Here's an example of Robert Pattinson in a burgundy suit and black tie:

Editor-In-Chief
    Depending on your budget (you might have more/less to spend) Topman do a burgundy/wine suit that you could get tailored for that impeccable fit you need when trying to embody an A-Lister.

Don't know whether they do it in store as they seem to be out of the smaller sizes: Wine Skinny Suit Jacket - TOPMAN
    Founder & Editor In Chief of FashionBeans.com. If you have any questions about the site or want to help out in moderating our forums, please send me a PM.

Our regular readers should check out FitnessBeans.com - our brand new website concentrating on men's health and fitness.

+ Reply to Thread