FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Most Expensive Item Of Clothing?

Thread does what it says on the tin... Post your most expensive garment itt and a bit of info about it

Can include watches if you like

I have this Diesel Luppy Nappa Lamb Leather Jacket, but in Tan. I got it in a Diesel store in Dubai about 6-7 years ago, and it just gets better and better with age. It's the softest leather imaginable. It was about £600. I've never seen the same one as mine before or since, not even a picture. It's a light tan colour with a dirty wash, and burgundy chipped metal panther heads on the zips, and red and blue embroidered patches on the inside of the placket. It is an absolute luxury to wear.

My other special thing is this Tag Heuer Carrera, no need to elaborate on it, ttkk

Apologies for the gauche thread btw

Trend Setter
    It'll be interesting to see what people are prepared to spend on clothing.

For me, I don't splash out too much, the pleasure comes from finding the right piece and I love making a saving. My most expensive pieces are suits around the £500 mark.

My favourite items are my Vintage Omega (1960) which my dad got for his 21st and gave to me a couple of years ago. It may be the most valuable item I own and it is certainly the most valuable item to me. I'd like a Submariner for everyday use.

Trend Setter
    Price and value, they are actually two very different things. I don't think price is something worth discussing as it is neither polite, nor pertinent.

Sam

Style Icon
    I feel a little frustrated when I consider that at a little shy of £160 my Allsaints leather jacket has been my greatest expenditure (young and frugal, I guess), as it's not one I favour; I actually prefer my vintage 70s tan leather jacket, which is a bit tacky and probably imported but a bit cooler all the same.

It's not a competition, I just thought it would be interesting to know what lengths people go to, what they are willing to fork out etc

We all know that money doesn't buy style

People buy expensive things for confidence, self-satisfactory and society's liking. cheap clothing usually rips easily. Expensive clothing is better quality and is made better. Personally, I buy whatever looks good, or is comfortable. I buy expensive clothes but i buy them for the quality.

Fashionisto
    I have a tendency to favour more expensive clothing over cheaper clothing, as mentioned the quality is mostly better...and it's that thing of not wanting to walk out and see everybody else wearing the same thing as you, Hollister junkies. My argument (because I get endless amounts of stick for it) is that I don't have much more money than anyone else, I just spend it differently.

Most expensive items are my Burberry Pea Coat, at 695

And this Boglioli Blazer, at 665

Last edited by MojoGogo; 02-12-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Trend Setter
    my taste is getting more expensive but i would never pay ever pay 600 for something. there are just more important things to me than clothing. although fashion is a hobby not one i can justify spending hundreds on.

The most expensive item of clothing i have is a 110 river island leather jacket. I don't think i would go over 100 for any item of clothing other than a coat or leather jacket.

i agree that the more you pay the longer is lasts. but i like to spend, so regardless of how long something lasts i will end up getting another one.

Trend Setter
    maybe i will end up spending more as i get older. i have good job prospects (touch wood) so my outlook could change. but while i don't have a mortgage etc i won't waste money.

Style Icon
    I'm not a big spender on individual garments. My budget is quite limited - kids and all that - despite my fairly good income, and most stuff I get I buy on sale or on some kind of price reducing offer. Or second hand.

I think my most expensive individual item is my grey wool coat, that I spent 200 on, five years ago. I consider my buying that as the start of my new, smarter wardrobe. Sadly, it's starting to look a bit knackered now. Will probably need a new one for next fall.

I have a suit that cost me 300 on sale + 50 for modifications, but that's for jacket, trousers and waistcoat.

I tend to feel it's easier to spend more on jackets, coats and footwear.

+ Reply to Thread