FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

FashionBeans Staff

Article Participation: Favourite A/W Collection

Hello Everyone,
    I'm getting busy by writing a review of the A/W 2012/13 collections for you and would like some help from you guys.

Tell me your favourite collection from the latest A/W 2012/13 shows (from either Pitti Uomo, Milan or Paris) and your favourite individual look. This individual look doesn't have to be from your favourite collection but can be if you'd like.

Write a little sentence to say what you like and I'll choose some of your comments to put at the end of the review article.

Find your favourite look here: Men's Fashion Shows | Men's Fashion & Style - GQ.COM (UK) and send a link to it in your post.

Get your viewpoint across and be a part of a Fashionbeans article.
    Follow me on Twitter for the latest Fashion, Style and Music news and musings: https://twitter.com/#!/ERJ_John

Read my Fashionbeans articles here: http://www.fashionbeans.com/author/evan-john/

Trend Setter
    Seeing as nobody else has posted, I'll kick this off. My favourite collection by an absolute mile was by Burberry Prorsum. I liked the colours used in the collection, and the fit of the clothing was superb. I felt that a lot of the other collections were quite abstract indications of the type of clothing we can expect to see in A/W 2012/13, whereas the Burberry Prorsum collection gave me a really good sense of what I should be wearing later this year and into 2013. I particularly liked the following look:

GQ.com - Fashion Show - GQ.COM (UK)

The double-breasted coat with velvet collar is amazing, and the use of flat caps in their collection was something I also liked a lot.

As an aside, I think the standard of Milan fashion week was much higher than Paris fashion week. Maybe I'm not enough of a fashionista to really appreciate the looks at Paris fashion week, but I thought they were mostly quite ridiculous.

Sam

Style Icon

This by a mile for me. I love Acne, whose brand of Scandinavian cool is modern, but palateable.
    I think patterned tailoring must have been a trend this year - I saw a lot of it when I was flicking through, particularly from Gucci.
    This one's totally unique, but it totally works. It's so well co-ordinated, and the polka dot suit is a great statement. The other patterns are complimentary, and the palate is dark and rich, like many others from this season's shows. The oversized belt eyelets are a great nod to the patterns, and the double monk strap shoes are a savvy, trendy choice. Great look!

FashionBeans Staff
    Agree with both of the above. I really like Acne as a brand too and its collection this season was great.

Keep your favourites coming in everyone.
    Follow me on Twitter for the latest Fashion, Style and Music news and musings: https://twitter.com/#!/ERJ_John

Read my Fashionbeans articles here: http://www.fashionbeans.com/author/evan-john/

Fashionisto

So, in my opinion, Burberry Prorsum absolutely STOLE the show. I must admit, I adore the embroidery heavily featured in D&G's collection, but Burberry's was on a more practical level. Things that you really can wear. One of my favourite things, was surprisingly, not an item of clothing, but an accessory, or more to say, accessories. The umbrellas with the Duck Head handles were brilliant. Given half the chance, I would trade my Fulton for one of them straight away! I also love the belted jacket featured, slide 21. It is something I would really consider wearing, and follows on from the country-esque stylings that seem to have been floating around recently, and is reminiscent of both Barbour jackets, and a jacket my uncle used to wear round the farm in winter. However, thanks to this, I am now getting beyond desperate for a velvet suit, they just look brilliant. But, to cap it off, I think the slim fit of the suits fits in with my personal style. Velvet or not though, I would happily wear them suits any day.

And in case any of you haven't seen it, I highly reccomend you watch this, the full Burberry Menswear Show;
    Full Show: Burberry Prorsum Menswear Autumn/Winter 2012 - YouTube

+ Reply to Thread