FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

When Do The High Street Sales Start?

Does anybody have a rough idea of when sales hit the high streets?

I have a few things I want to get but don't want to have a bit of a spend up if the next lot of sales are just around the corner (I hate buying something full price to find it in the sale two weeks later). I noticed today that a few places have started their mid-season sales, and I remember most places having pretty decent sales just before Christmas last year which I took advantage of.

I'm guessing given the current financial climate, there will be a fair few sales before Christmas again this year.

Anybody have an idea of how long we need to wait, or anybody remember when they all started last year?

Fashionisto
    I recall buying something online in a sale last year and having it turn up just before NYE, so the sale surely started just before Christmas. As Christmas is also on a weekend this year, they may well start just before.

Yeah usually the weekend before xmas bro

I think All Saints have overestimated the amount of people that are gonna spend £150 on a cardigan this year, so I plan to fully go in on them when the sale pops off.

Sam

Style Icon
    Is Christmas a deadline? Because the stock isn't as good but there are still mad knockdowns in the January sales.

Anyway the rule is that the sales start a week after you crack and buy it full price I find...

FashionBeans Staff
    My patience never lasts until the sales. I'm always to scared that I'll miss out on what I want as well.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    My patience never lasts until the sales. I'm always to scared that I'll miss out on what I want as well.
    Yeah, this can be a problem for me too. I think if I wait until Jan, everything I want will be gone. I'm currently trying to way up the risks of what might not be available. Even if I buy some stuff now, and save the stuff I'm not fussed if I miss out on for the sales. So far I have about £600 worth of stuff I want from Allsaints, and about £200 from elsewhere, so it'd be nice to save a bit on that.

I miss the days I used to be a regular at most places and would be offered staff discount on everything I bought.

There's nothing like befriending the odd store manager here and there.

+ Reply to Thread