FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2
    Sam

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Just full of guys in suits. Dress anyone with decent proportions in suits as expensive and tailored and they'll look as good. It's got NOTHING to do with PERSONAL style.
    I'm afraid, Jay, that the very inclusion of the mighty Jarvis Cocker renders this comment absolutely moot! He's such a dude. It's nice to see Mark Ronson still floating around looking cool too.
    And Faris Badwan. Also cool.
    Seems like you can't get away with being casual unless you're a musician!

I feel a little bit sick every time I see David Gandy though. Fuck that guy for being pretty much Adonis
    Last edited by Sam; 30-01-2012 at 03:55 PM.

FashionBeans Staff
    I must be honest, I nearly punched a baby when I saw Balotelli at number two and I can see the problem with it being a lot of men in suits; But, I would assume that they expect most men to look, or think of more outfits for each person; hopefully doing some more research.

I can sort of accept Tinie Tempah in the top spot, but there was a worrying moment in December when One Direction topped the list - does this signal a significant decline the the readership quality of such a magazine? (I must confess, I think I prefer Esquire anyway.)

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I'm afraid, Jay, that the very inclusion of the mighty Jarvis Cocker renders this comment absolutely moot! He's such a dude. It's nice to see Mark Ronson still floating around looking cool too.
    And Faris Badwan. Also cool.
    Seems like you can't get away with being casual unless you're a musician!

I feel a little bit sick every time I see David Gandy though. Fuck that guy for being pretty much Adonis
    Oh, it's not to say every single one of them are just faceless suits and Jarvis is a style icon in my opinion. I also think Richard Ayoade pulls off the suit with some individuality too.

Mark Ronson is 'cool' if cool were the invention of a faceless corporate machine and Faris Badwan wouldn't know style if it smacked him in the chops.

And some of the entries just bemuse me completely. Jack Whitehall? Professor Brian Cox? Zac Goldsmith? IAN BROWN? If you left a monkey with a fancy dressing up box for half an hour it would end up better dressed than Ian Brown.

Sam

Style Icon
    I like Mark Ronson! His quiff is great, his suits are fine so I don't really care how contrived it all is. And I actually like Record Collection, which some probably don't.
    Faris has the whole tall and dark thing happening, which obviously not everybody can do. But I reckon he pulls it off.

I also agreed with nearly every name you listed last - except Ian Brown! But I guess they didn't call it "baggy" for nothing.

Sam

Style Icon
    I also want to say that I'm mighty chuffed Alex Turner and Miles Kane got a look in and that if you disagree I'll cry my little eyes out

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I also want to say that I'm mighty chuffed Alex Turner and Miles Kane got a look in and that if you disagree I'll cry my little eyes out
    Personally think Alex and the band's new look is killer. Made me want to buy a Triumph and a leather jacket anyway.

Trend Setter
    Whoever wrote this list should be fired right now.

FashionBeans Staff
    Did anyone vote? If so, who did you vote for?

Who do you think should have got the top spot?

(this goes for everyone by the way - I voted for the chaps from Thom Sweeney. . . .I'm not that much of a sycophant, honest.)

+ Reply to Thread