FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

FashionBeans Staff

GQ's Best Dressed 2012

So! they've released their list of 2012's best dressed men - What are our thoughts?

personally, I think there are a few holes; Piers Morgan should be shot, not put in a best dressed list, Elton John has been considered and a large number of very well dressed men; A Sauvage, George Lamb, the boys from Thom Sweeney etc are languishing much too far down.
    Last edited by William Colman; 30-01-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Link / pics?

Tom

Trend Setter

FashionBeans Staff
    Thank you for resolving my ridiculous oversight.

Tom

Trend Setter
    Haha no problem, I was googling to have a flick through so figured I may aswell post the link. I don't really care about celebrity style or who does what but there does seem to be a lot of 'this guy turned up to some awards/premiere in a suit, we'll throw him in too'.

Jay

Style Icon
    Just full of guys in suits. Dress anyone with decent proportions in suits as expensive and tailored and they'll look as good. It's got NOTHING to do with PERSONAL style.

FashionBeans Staff
    Couldn't agree more with you Will, Piers Morgan above Prince Charles is beyond treason. Similarly with Amir Khan, whos yet to convince me he can actually dress well - I'm not going to say that to his face, mind you, being ranked above the likes of Sauvage, Lamb, Cumberbatch and Redmayne. Mario Balotelli at number two really does take the cake for me though.

I do think a lot of celebrities are pandered to with the list now-a-days almost as a bid to win favour (or an interview).
    Last edited by Alex Woodhall; 30-01-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Oh, it's all just guys in suits, is it?

I quite agree, that proves nothing and is not particularly interesting. Obviously these are lots of variations on the theme, but at the end of the day a nice suit is a nice suit. Anyone looks good in a nice suit.

Trend Setter
    Since I'm not in it, it's not worth the online paper on which it's not printed.

(N.B. Balotelli can't even dress himself Mario Balotelli fails at putting bib on - YouTube)
    www.twitter.com/electroRoss

Trend Setter
    Am I missing something? Surely the best dressed list is giving a run down of the best dressed men of the year. This is not a vote based on the particular outfit that was used in the article?

Granted, GQ could have at least given a lookbook of sorts with a few of their best outfits, but all they are using the pictures for is to show us who they are talking about, not why they were voted.

Surely you're not all suggesting you think the votes were based entirely on the pictures used in that slideshow? :P

+ Reply to Thread