FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

Twitter account idea

I have an idea for a Twitter account, which will involve posting links (with pics from their websites) to items of clothing and grooming items around the internet.

The idea is to build up enough of a following to have brands wanting me to tweet links to their products for them.

If I start by saving pics from the All Saints website and then tweeting them through this new account to promote the product, is that ok? Or can I potentially piss people off without permission?

Trend Setter
    Something similar to this, but I'll be using pics of individual items: https://twitter.com/BargainGarms

Style Icon
    Whilst what you have is an idea in a round about way, it's clear you don't know enough about marketing.

An unknown account tweeting stock images of All Saints clothing will not grow a following at all, let alone have All Saints asking you to promote their items for them.

Trend Setter
    I actually work in marketing

The idea would be to build a following through a giveaway and then promoting tweets.

I know AS wouldn't ask me to do anything, but I'd be contacting companies who rely on affiliate marketing (Hanz De Fuko, Frank & Oak etc).

Style Icon
    I think you sound a little naive to it, don't mind to be rude but it's really not that simple.

Of course give it a go, the great thing with affiliate marketing is you don't really have much anything to lose but it's so hard to build this type of business, especially in fashion.

I think generally people tend to follow and buy into personalities and people/places they get high quality, informative content from rather than just a Twitter feed full of links. It becomes obvious when people are just doing it for cash and affiliate pay outs so you have to bare that in mind.

There are some that do it though and earn a good living from it so give it a try but just don't expect quick success.

FashionBeans Legend
    I think it is telling that the twitter page you linked has less than 2000 followers.

But go for it if you have time... Its free.

FashionBeans Legend
    Think you need to build up a loyal following before making from affiliate marketing. I always unfollow as soon as I see anyone doing it and many others do too. My personal account I use to drunkenly Tweet about football has more followers than that one you linked to which says it all.

Fashionisto
    You could also advertise for AS by using fit pics from this forum.

Trend Setter
    I was site admin for another blog and forum. Believe me, AS are not easy to deal with. They are not really interested in non celebrity affiliate marketing. Celeb endorsement is their bread and butter. Plus they have their own social media campaign. When we approached them we were told that they get approached a lot about it and we're not interested.

Trend Setter
    given how many instagram accounts there are posting both outfits and various items, I really dont see how you can compete.

no harm in trying though

+ Reply to Thread