FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

Just Bought Womens Skinny Jeans; What Next?

I have just plucked up the courage to buy womens skinny jeans ( White Label Colour Block Skinny Jeans (Womens) | Buy Womens Jeans online from Republic ) I am a 32/32 size, so I bought a size 14. They fit pretty well, however they keep slipping down my butt, I think this is because of how extremely skinny the legs are or something but I'm not too sure, should I get a size bigger? will the jeans just mould into my figure? I love them so much but I'm getting so paranoid that they might not work (maybe its just because i'm being so riskay???)

Does anyone have any advice or experiences they want to share?

Trend Setter
    Did you get this idea from Frankie Cocozza? lol. Women's jeans are designed for a woman's body. Just return them and buy some skinny jeans made for men.
    Last edited by Tone; 31-01-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Style Icon
    Erm, take them back? Like, now. =)

FashionBeans Staff
    Would you be able to return them? if so I would do so immediately, as Tone said, they are made for a completely different body type (and gender) You should be able to find perfectly good skin tight jeans in the Men's areas, H&M are currently doing some really rather nice Super Drain pairs (I really like my Indigo pair) or check out Dr Denim.

The whole bum slippage issue is possibly down to skinny jeans, particularly those from High Street stores, being purposely low waisted, you are trying to fit into a pair of jeans designed for a girl with curves and probably slightly chunkier legs.

Womens jeans are a bad idea. Not just that they are not made for you, but women will be put off by the fact you are wearing women's jeans. It's not very masculine, is it?

I am selling a load of diesel jeans on eBay including some very skinny styles, my username is 22themead. Have a look.

All Saints also do some very skinny & stretchy styles which will actually fit you.

Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    Would you be able to return them? if so I would do so immediately, as Tone said, they are made for a completely different body type (and gender) You should be able to find perfectly good skin tight jeans in the Men's areas, H&M are currently doing some really rather nice Super Drain pairs (I really like my Indigo pair) or check out Dr Denim.

The whole bum slippage issue is possibly down to skinny jeans, particularly those from High Street stores, being purposely low waisted, you are trying to fit into a pair of jeans designed for a girl with curves and probably slightly chunkier legs.
    I agree with William on both counts. They are made for a completely different body type, most importantly so that your penis will feel comfortable in them.

Secondly, H&M do some awesome Super Drain pairs as William expressed. They're the perfect fit, I have a pair of light blue ones. I would go as far to say that they're my favourite pair of jeans.

no I got the idea from one of the writers of fashionbeans.com of all people.

well they seem to fit brilliantly, to be fair i'm still a teen, these kind of clothes fit me pretty well, because of my skinny 'undeveloped' body, thanks for the advice though.<br>

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by britishgentleman View Post
    no I got the idea from one of the writers of fashionbeans.com of all people.
    I didn't know FashionBeans had a transvestism column.

I personally object to it because it reminds me of my days as a 14 year old emo kid who wore women size 8 spray on jeans with the wide skate shoes. Just writing about it makes me throw up a little in my mouth.

But I think when you get past the connotation of a guy wearing woman's jeans, there's not much of a problem. Some guys can really pull off the lanky goth look (Russell Brand is the first who comes to mind) and quite simply it's pretty hard to find skin tight jeans for men. Buying women's ones just widens the options imo. Although I found unless you sag them (which opens up a whole new problem), they're often very tight on the... package. So yeah, if you're going for a certain 'look' and have the right figure, I think they're fine.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last