FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

Style Icon

Your Pet Hates

This is a thread devoted to the little things that annoy us when we're walking down the highstreet. These are things that there isn't really anything wrong with from a fashion point of view, but just make us clench our fists, grind our teeth and restrain the urge to shout "advice" at the object of our distaste. Here is your chance to vent and (hopefully) restrain our aggression so no one is hurt.

The things I'm talking about (from a personal perspective) include:

-ill-fitting tweed blazers that the person has clearly bought from a charity shop to be "individual" but then wears over a hoody with baggy jeans.

- shirts with more than one button undone.

- black shoes with jeans

- DROP CROTCH JEANS.

- slogan tee shirts

Fashionisto
    jack wills, abercrombie and hollister.

although jack wills does have some nice things, i really do hate their tshirts and hoodies.... charging £50 extra just because it has the letters JW stamped onto them....

Trend Setter
    Totally agree with CTURBINADO, I'd rather die than own anything from Hollister. Over-priced, over-worn, over-hyped tat.
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Fashionisto
    TOMS paired with cuffed chinos/jeans.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekwal View Post
    TOMS paired with cuffed chinos/jeans.
    Especially in winter! Do these people WANT to get trenchfoot.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nath6644 View Post
    Especially in winter! Do these people WANT to get trenchfoot.
    I don't get it! It's like zero degrees out there but I still see flocks of lads in Toms, cuffed chinos and a t-shirt every weekend.

Trend Setter
    It's like in the summer when you see guys in flip-flops, jeans, t-shirt, beanie and scarf. I mean seriously, make your mind up, are you hot or cold?

FashionBeans Staff
    I saw a chap in flip flops on Monday, I seriously considered running across all four lanes of traffic to punch him in the back of the head.
    Last edited by William Colman; 02-02-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Trend Setter
    Having recently completed a postgrad course, my eyes were opened to how badly so many men in the 18-21 year old bracket dress. Now I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush- I know that a lot of readers on here fit that age demographic and look great, but when you see people on campus wearing pyjamas, ugg boots, A&F logo EVERYTHING..., you really have to start asking questions. And taking pictures. Maybe a little bit of pointing.

Also when I see blokes buy everything off a mannequin. Come on, put a bit of effort in.

Hooded leather jackets. F*CK. OFF.

Drop crotch/cuffed anything. It's like they've shit themselves and have the cuffs to keep the shit from falling out of their trouser leg. Maybe just go to the toilet next time.

Actually I think a thread on a similar topic can be found here somewhere but it's nice to have a cathartic rant from time to time, eh.

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Drop crotch/cuffed anything. It's like they've shit themselves and have the cuffs to keep the shit from falling out of their trouser leg. Maybe just go to the toilet next time.
    Amen brother!

Oh, and shirts with hoods.

And really "cool" cuts in jeans e.g. "banana twisted". I don't walk like John Wayne - so I don't need the legs of my jeans to curve inwards. Thanks though

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last