FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Promoting eBay Auctions In The Forum

Dear FaBe,

I was wondering what the attitude would be towards making a thread to promote members' eBay auctions?

While spamming is obviously taboo, and the board's integrity must be sacrosanct, I believe that such a thread would be useful and of interest to members, who may be keen to find fashion bargains on the interwebs.

What do members, and more importantly, admins think on this controversial subject?

Yours Sincerely,

James

I think a thread dedicated to the members eBay listings would be a great idea. Would make it a lot easier for people like me who can't find a thing on eBay haha!

Yeah that's how I feel

Seeking confirmation from the esteemed moderators of this honourable board

Style Icon
    I was thinking of posting a thread of a similar nature. I don't see what would be wrong with putting up your eBay names and telling people to keep an eye on your stuff (something I've done with Pin )

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nath6644 View Post
    I was thinking of posting a thread of a similar nature. I don't see what would be wrong with putting up your eBay names and telling people to keep an eye on your stuff (something I've done with Pin )
    Great! So I'm going to be in a bidding war with FB members. Let's hope not all of you are my size (unless I'm selling of course)!

Editor-In-Chief
    I have not got a problem with this as long as we keep it under control and in one dedicated thread. Members need to be vigilant and report spammy/unrelevant posts etc.

Could maybe open it up to other 'finds' as well that you come across - if you are obviously not bidding on them!

Cheers guys,
    Ben
    Founder & Editor In Chief of FashionBeans.com. If you have any questions about the site or want to help out in moderating our forums, please send me a PM.

Our regular readers should check out FitnessBeans.com - our brand new website concentrating on men's health and fitness.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Herbert View Post
    Could maybe open it up to other 'finds' as well that you come across - if you are obviously not bidding on them!
    We just need to be mindful about this one though. Somebody posting a good find doesn't automatically make it a safe buy. I'd like to think we can all stand by our own items, but a bit of common sense still needs to be applied with unknown sellers just as if you found them yourself.

Trend Setter
    Just incase anybody is interested, I've listed some item on eBay this weekend. I'm planning to list a few more things this week. I'm pretty sure most of you won't be interested in the A&F, Hollister and Superdry stuff, but somebody might be interested in some of my Jeans.

my userid is psa198

I managed to sell my Superdry white jacket for a good price earlier in the week and amazingly sold a Superdry fairisle bobble hat for just 99p short of what it would cost new (I started the bidding at £5)?!?!?

Superdry seems to eBay very well.

Trend Setter
    Would trading items for items be okay? Should the regulars of the forums post their sizes so we can find people with similar builds?

+ Reply to Thread