FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

Men's Brown Brogues

Amazingly I've never owned brogues, i've always for some reason looked at them and thought 'they look like shoes my dad would wear'. That being said I've saw these ones Buy Brown Brogue from the Next UK online shop and ended up purchasing them. I need help in the kind of chinos/jeans that I could rock with them. Specifically the kind of colours that would work well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Trend Setter
    They'd go really well with slim grey/blue/black jeans. Wouldn't even bother with chinos now it's getting cold.
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Sam

Style Icon
    Anything and everything. The only thing you should avoid are trousers in a similar tone of brown. Besides that basically anything will work. I've personally never enjoyed brown with brighter reds but on the off chance that you had a pair like that they'd be becoming less and less relevant as the cold creeps in anyway.
    A cool move would be to go full on heritage and pair them with grey tweed trousers and ribbed socks - give it a go!

what about some white denim jeans? paired with brown belt, blue shirt? perhaps a blazer but would feel a bit too dressy

Style Icon
    look awesome with my black skinnies, a light blue shirt and a tan cord blazer. swap the shirt for a nice bit of knitwear.

Sam

Style Icon
    Of course; I should have remembered that black is basically a no-go, contrary to what Nath thinks but hell, everything's subjective! That's my opinion, sorry man
    That outfit you suggested is great; go all out and try the blazer (presumably navy), you won't regret it!

Jay

Style Icon
    Not black or white jeans! Thou shalt not pair brown footwear with black trousers was the eleventh commandment. White jeans shouldn't be worn at all.

You'll find that that shade of brown will work well with green or deep red/burgundy chinos (or mustard/tobacco). Indigo jeans will work well too. I prefer to wear smarter jeans with brogues (no rips/holes/too much wear or fading), but those are quite casual themselves so you can get away with a little more.

Make sure chinos/jeans are slim to skinny (but not skintight) and are turned up to just above the ankle and get a pair of statement socks (in chunky knit) or go wild (especially with indigo jeans) with something bright.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Of course; I should have remembered that black is basically a no-go, contrary to what Nath thinks but hell, everything's subjective! That's my opinion, sorry man
    That outfit you suggested is great; go all out and try the blazer (presumably navy), you won't regret it!
    Haha, why do I spark the brown shoes/black jeans debate on every thread I post on?
    Don't disregard black! If its casual and the shoes are the right shade, it can scream quirky but classy englishman (in my humble opinion). I hear this faux pas on here all the time, but everytime I'm down in London I see men wearing black jeans with brown shoes.

Trend Setter
    I sometimes wear black jeans with brown boots. Looks fine.
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nath6644 View Post
    Haha, why do I spark the brown shoes/black jeans debate on every thread I post on?
    Don't disregard black! If its casual and the shoes are the right shade, it can scream quirky but classy englishman (in my humble opinion). I hear this faux pas on here all the time, but everytime I'm down in London I see men wearing black jeans with brown shoes.
    I also see countless fat women in leggings so tight they'd need peeling off, kids with their boxers showing and men in suits that fit about as well as rake wearing a bin bag. It doesn't make it sartorially correct though.*

Those men wearing black jeans with brown shoes would look better if they changed them for black ones (or, even better, didn't wear black jeans at all).

*I might be being slightly silly for effect.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last