FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Clothes shopping in Japan

Hi guys,

Long time reader of Fashionbeans here but this is my first post in the forums! I am off travelling in Japan for a month in April. My wardrobe is in need of a bit of a refresh and I've heard good things about clothes shopping out there (Tokyo especially). Does anyone have any experience? What kind of pieces would you suggest I buy and where might I be able to find a few bargains?

Cheers!

FashionBeans Legend
    I have been out shopping in kyoto and Tokyo - neither were particularly inspiring or cheap unless you start going up price range.

What are you looking to buy?

FashionBeans Legend
    Obviously go for brands that are native to Japan (and in turn are harder to find in the west, on top of being more expensive too)

Brands like Undercover, Kapital, etc

FashionBeans Legend
    Superdry.....

Thanks for the tips Malti! I was thinking of getting a nice pair of jeans as I reckon I could find a good selvage pair for cheaper than I could in the UK. Know any good Japanese brands? Do you know if Edwins are any good?

Think I might steer clear of Superdry though, Ukalec. ha

Trend Setter
    Tokyo is a center of fashion in the world. I'm sure there is a lot that you and i have probably never heard of.

I'd check out blue blue japan. Even uniqlo is worth going to maybe it has things you wont find in EU. SOPHNET, visvim,uniform experiment, good enough, hysteric glamour, Wtaps, and united arrows for affordability.
    Last edited by Aertus; 21-02-2017 at 05:06 AM.

+ Reply to Thread