FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last
    Nat

Style Icon

Advice On Mens Jeans

Ok denim aficionados....it's your time to shine.

I have found a style of jeans that I am happy with, but would like to invest a bit more in a few pairs. I find that a straight and slim (NOT skinny) leg looks great, and can be dressed up or down easily. "Sliq" from H&M fit me really well, though aren't the best quality and are pretty cheap (about £35).

Could anyone recommend anything similar, which is a bit better quality and will last me longer. I'm willing to spend a bit more, but don't want to go crazy. Definitely under £100 a pair.

Would appreciate any advice, especially with links if possible.

Cheers.

Nat

Sam

Style Icon
    Nudie Slim Jims or Average Joes perhaps? They do push £100, coming in at around £90 a pair, but the value is actually pretty good.
    Jeans*|*Nudie Jeans*Clothing*|*MR PORTER
    Men's jeans & denim | Skinny jeans, vintage & bootcut jeans | ASOS
    I would have recommended Allsaints - Iggies and certain other fits are good examples of slim/straight looks at middle prices - but it seems they've almost completely phased those out in favour of skinnier legs this season, which I can't say I'm impressed with. Previous seasons have had the exact opposite problem; they just can't seem to get the balance right.
    The other thing is this; if the H&M pairs fit you that well, buy one or two! As fantastic as quality jeans are I don't happen to think there's anything wrong with cheaper jeans either.
    And as ever, Levi's are worth considering; denim's oldest brand is old for a reason.

Nat

Style Icon
    Thanks Sam. those nudie ones look good.

I've tried on All Saints jeans in the past, and haven't even been able to get my legs into them! Not sure what style they were though.

Is there a particular Levis mark that would fit the bill?

I would recommend the 511's or the 519's, I think that they are both classed as skinnies but i have found the fit to be more of a slim/tapered leg whenever I have tried them on, I would definitely try them on if I was you though.

Trend Setter
    Having worn nudies for the best part of 10 years, I can vouch for their quality. that being said, the skinnier cuts do wear down more quickly, obviously. However, they do give you some great fades (dry denim...HURRAH!) Slim Jims are a go to pair for me.

in a similar price bracket are Edwin. Shop around though, oi polloi aren't the cheapest.

http://www.oipolloi.com/ed-71-14oz-selvage-unwashed

I have a pair of ED 69 which are great.

Up a few quid and you'll get yourself a pair of APC. Petit Standard are my model of choice.

Fashionisto
    all saints cigarette!

Trend Setter
    Also, this is a good thread to poke around. Must say, I really don't like All Saints denim but many on here seem to be fans.

http://www.fashionbeans.com/forums/g...nim-jeans.html

Nat

Style Icon

Thanks

Cheers guys - I appreciate the advice

Nat

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Is there a particular Levis mark that would fit the bill?
    check out their 519's range

Fashionisto
    I just purchased these : Bottoms,Jeans & Pants Levi 511 Slim Official Levis® Store Online GB

Fantastic quality, the fit is perfect and you can't complain at that price.
    Last edited by Jay_; 09-02-2012 at 05:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread