FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Opinions On A Corduroy Suit

I tried on a Tommy Hilfiger black corduroy suit today in TK Max. It fitted very well and is in a fine needlecord. I'm just not sure I will get enough wear out of it to warrant spending £150.

I hate to let a bargain go, esp as I find it hard to find things in my size.

What do people think?

Trend Setter
    I would get it.

Good price for a suit.

I say just think a suit will always be needed in life but is it versitile for as many occasions as possible: Parties, Meals, Weddings etc.

Trend Setter
    I just can't think of an occasion that you would want to wear so much cord. I don't personally like corduroy but I think one piece can look pretty nice, like trousers or a shirt etc. Sorry, but a full suit in black sounds awful.

Jay

Style Icon
    I'm with Tone. I can't imagine ever wanting to dress head to toe in back corduroy.

Trend Setter
    Thanks for the responses. I do like corduroy, but already have a cord blazer and several pairs of jeans, and I think you are right and I'll never really wear a black cord suit. Plus I have meagre funds at the moment and they could be put to better use elsewhere!

I did find a couple of images of black cord suits online though.

http://blog.couponalbum.com/images/2...uroy-suit.jpeg

I.N.C Corduroy Suit From Www.Macys.Com, Johnston & Murphy Wingtip Loafers From Www.eBay.Com, H&M Striped Socks From Www.Hm.Com //"Corduroy black tie" by Sabir P // LOOKBOOK.nu

I think it could be cool, but do you do much casual suit-wearing? If you could rock it day to day and not feel like a knob, go for it! I like the casual look with the cream jumper and flat cap, but if I wore that everyone would ask me why I was wearing it.

Sam

Style Icon
    I'm with Pins, I think the right corduroy suit would have a certain charm, somewhere between being rakish and professorial. Paired with a pair of brogue boots, chunky socks, an autumnal knit... yes, I can see that being quite the nice A/W smart casual look; as long as it were in a suitably fine cord, I don't think it would be too overpowering.

+ Reply to Thread