FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Finishing an outfit for a country wedding

I need an advice. I'm attending a wedding in few weeks. It will be kind of a country wedding, with BBQ planned for the after and that sort of things.
    This is the venue:

I have been trying to build my outfit and pretty much decided on the main bits already apart from the shirt and accessories. Now, depending on the weather I have two trouser and shoe options.

Outfit No.1

This will go with plaited belt in tan or brown

But I haven't decided on the shirt yet. I'm thinking either navy/blue darker than the jacket; blue/pink gingham pattern or stripped or classic white but I can't decide. On top of that I will need a matching tie and pocket square (I'll most likely gonna lose the tie later in the evening).

Outfit No.2

If weather is nice enough (which is a big if) I'm gonna show a little bit of mankle.

Will most likely stick to a white shirt in this case but not sure about accessories.

Should I just go with safest bet and choose white shirt? I have no knowledge about ties, pocket squares, cufflinks and whatnot.
    I know it's a bit open question but what you guys would recommend for both outfits?

FashionBeans Legend
    Outfit two, with white shirt. You still have time to taper the calf of your trousers too.

Burgundy tie, and the simplest of white pocket squares with a nonchalant fold not some 6th dan origami thing.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by ukalec View Post
    Outfit two, with white shirt. You still have time to taper the calf of your trousers too.

Burgundy tie, and the simplest of white pocket squares with a nonchalant fold not some 6th dan origami thing.
    I like how tie works with this but not sure about white pocket square. Too much white overall, me thinks. Maybe white with red polka dot? Not sure why colour of the suit changed to grey when uploaded to imgur.

FashionBeans Legend
    Looks good to me. Good advice from Alec.

The shirt in the first outfit is a bit rank. Both fits could do with better fitting trousers too.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    Looks good to me. Good advice from Alec.

The shirt in the first outfit is a bit rank. Both fits could do with better fitting trousers too.
    Cheers DG. Will get these navy chinos tapered next week maybe. Not sure what about the other ones? Definitely in need of ironing.

Rank? That's a bit harsh haha!

Style Icon
    Second fit.
    I don't like to blow my own trumpet, but it's similar fit to one of mine from a wedding and I think mine looks better just due to the fit:

I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear.....

Fashionisto
    I like that look man. Cheers. I'll take care of all the altering malarkey next week. I could use few inches more. It's so difficult to find fitting clothes that don't require alterations. Any ideas on the first outfit? The second will only work with the weather is ok-ish. If not I'm considering wearing socks with these loafers but that'd be a hard to pull off and quite bold for a wedding.

Style Icon
    Not a fan of the shirt in the first pic and there is too much going on with the mismatch of colours of the shoes, jacket and trousers.

Keep the second look and just change up the shoes (and add a tie) if the weather isn't great.

Another thing, and I'm being amazingly picky is the lacing on the boots (and tucking the laces in) will make a difference.

I like the tie you've got, but in regards to the pocket square, if you can, have a look at one that accents maroon.
    Last edited by This Charming Man; Yesterday at 02:57 PM.
    I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear.....

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by This Charming Man View Post
    Not a fan of the shirt in the first pic and there is too much going on with the mismatch of colours of the shoes, jacket and trousers.

Keep the second look and just change up the shoes (and add a tie) if the weather isn't great.

Another thing, and I'm being amazingly picky is the lacing on the boots (and tucking the laces in) will make a difference.

I like the tie you've got, but in regards to the pocket square, if you can, have a look at one that accents maroon.
    That rank shirt is going. Noted lol
    I have another pocket square with odd red/maroon and blue pattern. I'll try it with the look later on. Regarding shoes I don't really have any other than those two and walnut suede chelseas. But they'll be only good if it's not pissing down but not sure they'll look good with these chinos.

Style Icon
    I'd go with the first pair of shoes
    Tasteless Ape
    Health advisory: user owns shitty shoes

+ Reply to Thread