FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Wearing sperrys to work?

Ok so I'm a guy and a middle school history teacher. I usually wear a button down, khakis and brown loafers or shirt and tie with dress shoes. I enjoy wearing sperrys outside of my job. With the exception of the smell, they are my favorite shoes. I was wondering on days that I wear khakis and button downs/sweaters to work if I could get away with wearing my Sahara sperrys? Since I always wear them sockless, I'd probably do the same to work (but also be mindful that if I happen to slip them off in class that I could potentially share the smell with my class lol). Anyways, what are your thoughts?

Trend Setter
    i don't see why they wouldn't be ok. As for the smell issue, those shoes arent actually supposed to be worn without socks - your supposed to wear them with whats usually branded "invisible socks", very low cut socks which gives the appearence of wearing no socks, but provide the function of socks (minimilising smell). If you do buy these, make sure they have the rubber/silicone bits at the heel to prevent them slipping off.

If you choose to not get invisible socks (although id strongly recommend you do), their are shoes sprays, similar to Fabreeze which are good for taking away smells, or using talcum powder in them - but that only works as long as you sweat is limited.

On the right, what an "invisible sock" looks like, on the left is the sockless look it provides, without actually being sockless.
    Last edited by LeeGibraltar; 29-03-2016 at 09:33 AM.

I don't see what is wrong with wearing sperry's to class. Lee's advice is solid. I use the invisible socks myself. If you are wearing khaki pants though I definitely wear longer socks that match the pants color.

+ Reply to Thread