FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Jay

Style Icon
    I prefer it to the Okinawa. The Okinawa was too 'clean' for want of a better word. It looked like a Paul Smith shirt. And Paul Smith makes those kinds of shirts better. The Shibuya is more typically Allsaints and better for that (despite my light hearted jibes in my earlier post).

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I prefer it to the Okinawa. The Okinawa was too 'clean' for want of a better word. It looked like a Paul Smith shirt. And Paul Smith makes those kinds of shirts better. The Shibuya is more typically Allsaints and better for that (despite my light hearted jibes in my earlier post).
    Good point. It looks more summery as well. Definitely on my wish list.

Trend Setter
    The Okinawa shirt was ugly, it was too dark with bright white dots! I opted for the Midori polka dot shirt and the floral long-sleeve Shimane in cobalt blue last year. The Shibuya and Imperial shirts are both awesome but overpriced for what they are.

Yeah, I like the shirts but agree they are quite overpriced, I have a couple I've paid full price for but mainly stick to the sale.

Trend Setter
    Yep! I mean £95 for a cotton shirt made in China is disgusting! That's close to premium brand prices for products made in Italy and the UK. Since All Saints got bailed out and sorted their over spending they've began to get a little greedy. I'm still a fan of their gear and will continue to shop there because their colour palette and fit is perfect for me.

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Yep! I mean £95 for a cotton shirt made in China is disgusting! That's close to premium brand prices for products made in Italy and the UK. Since All Saints got bailed out and sorted their over spending they've began to get a little greedy. I'm still a fan of their gear and will continue to shop there because their colour palette and fit is perfect for me.
    You realise that most cotton shirts 'made in Italy' are actually mostly made in China right? A garment only has to pass through a country and have one process done there to have the 'Made in...' tag.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    You realise that most cotton shirts 'made in Italy' are actually mostly made in China right? A garment only has to pass through a country and have one process done there to have the 'Made in...' tag.
    I don't believe this is true of all brands and regardless of this possibility, I think 95 quid for a cotton All Saints shirt that would of cost 70 last year, which is still over priced! is a joke. I know you agree.

The shirts have always been top dollar there. The pricing is pretty inconsistent tbh. £65 for a pair of jeans / trousers, £95 for a shirt, £85 for a jumper, £20 for a t-shirt or vest, £180 for boots... It doesn't make sense really.

Style Icon
    The midori is an awesome shirt. And they have the H/S version back in stock! I have the L/S verison in an XS but I wish I got the small now. The XS is quite tight at the bottom.
    I agree that their shirting is overpriced. That's why I only ever buy in the sales. £35 for one of their shirts is, IMHO, a very good price.

Midori H/s Shirt

So, no lookbooks at all this year then? Starting to look like it. Disappointing!

+ Reply to Thread