FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Fashion Guilty Pleasures

I find myself wanting stuff that's too extravagant and on the borderline of being plain ugly often. This thread is to post those looks and pieces that are too out-there to work in your wardrobe but you can't stop loving anyway.

I don't think I'd ever wear them - and I don't have the budget to buy things that don't go with almost anything - but I love these shoes:

Christian Louboutin for David DelfĂ*n

Christian Louboutin for David DelfĂ*n

Neil Barret

Jay

Style Icon
    As posted elsewhere on the forum:

I actually own them and have worn them only a couple of times. I do want to work them into more looks, but suede shoes and winter aren't a good match, and also I'm all about muted, autumnal colours this AW, so I'm waiting on SS12 to try and work them into my wardrobe.

Jay

Style Icon
    Oh and I would love this:

I'd absolutely wear it, but a bright blue duffle feels like a luxury item in that there are more basic coats I'd wear far more frequently that I ought to purchase before I bought something like this (but the more I look at it, the more I want it).

I'd walk around with it on carrying a battered old suitcase and munching marmalade sandwiches.
    Last edited by Jay; 20-11-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Trend Setter
    Call me pretentious, but I have always wanted dinner slippers. They seem like something I could incorporated, though it would seem affected, but the prices vary and it is hard to even find ones that are exactly to my liking. Want more of a midnight blue than a black and the image should be of something other than a crown or skulls.

loving that blue duffle coat jay. Where's it from?

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamH View Post
    loving that blue duffle coat jay. Where's it from?
    It's by Gloverall. That photo was on the Farfetch site (but in only one size). I've no idea where you might find one.

no worries, i just love the colour.
    I;m currently wearing a red cro jack blimey jacket, and was considering a wool duffle aswell

Trend Setter
    I have the same problem Jay, can't bring myself to buy this kind of things when I need other items that are far more versatile. I have considered these topman coats though, they seem quite nice and affordable:

You can find them here (under the bright wool category): Autumn Winter Styleguide - TOPMAN

Sam

Style Icon
    I have a very different guilty pleasure: buying damn near every Topman product I like just because I can! I've ended up with a lot of crap but it doesn't last very long

^I've got a few bright coats. You will never regret them.

I have to say that I have a strong pull to items that are not traditionally attractive. I've been dealing with Fair Isle for a while, so it's a nice validation to see it come back to the forefront of fashion. I also love ugly loafers/boaters/slippers. Again, I have been nicely validated with the return to popularity of such items! My assymetric Viv ones are probab ly my most audacious:

+ Reply to Thread