FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Do You Buy Clothes Mainly Online or In-Store?

Do you guys find some of your best pieces online or in-store? I find myself purchasing most of my purchases online these days unless the store has some sort of stock checker. It seems like most retail stores are constantly running out of stock of all the good items!

Your thoughts?

FashionBeans Staff
    I find that most of the shops around me don't actually stock any of the things I want or what they do stock is all horrible. For example I want a pair of grey herringbone trousers from Topman but they only sell them in 4 London stores, so i'd have to buy them online. I would much rather buy something in store so that I could try it on but more often than not I end up buying stuff online, you can often find it cheaper anyway.

Trend Setter
    I live within walking distance of a few good shops and thrift stores, so I rarely shop online. However, I do occasionally order from Topmans or Asos, but shipping across the Atlantic and other fees prevent me from doing it often.

Jay

Style Icon
    I shop mainly in stores. Nottingham has a great selection of shops and I spend far too much time in Paul Smith, Reiss, Ted Baker, Allsaints, Hugo Boss and the like.

I do shop online too though. It was the only way I was going to get my hands on a pair of Grenson's for example. And my next purchase (which I can just about afford come pay day alongside the brogues I want) is coming from Italy and, although the trip would be lovely, sadly my budget won't stretch to collecting it in person.
    Last edited by Jay; 20-11-2011 at 06:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Sam

Style Icon
    I shop occasionally online but when I have a lot to buy I go out to a shopping centre so I can try everything on - buying online is risky and I make a lot of returns.

Trend Setter
    I do pretty much all my shopping online these days, you can make way more savings via voucher sites and using social networking sites too keep track of flash sales etc. I enjoy browsing shops and trying things on for size and making a note of what sizes to purchase for future reference. I rarely pay full price for any items unless it's an impulse buy on my travels. Don't forget places like ASOS offer free delivery and free returns, and pretty much all sites offer free delivery and let you return in-store or you can return and maybe lose a few quid here and there, but lets face it you would spend that money if you went out shopping on petrol/parking/train etc. Once you master online shopping, there is a lot of money to be saved.

+ Reply to Thread