FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Fashionisto
    Not a fan at all to be honest. Loads of girls - no guys yet - around 20 years of age are sporting especially the camo jacket here in Copenhagen, but I think I'm yet to see it being appealing at all on any of them (except for maybe one or two, who in any case would have looked great in a plastic bag as long as it was slim fitting).

I do think the guy in Pin's photo wearing a camo blazer pulls it off really well, but other than that at least 90% of photos I've seen around the web look downright awful to me.

Well all in all it depends what look you are trying for. Camo has an agressive look, worn with DM's etc ! So if you want to frighten folks away then go for it. Also it is very Scooter boy ish. Scooterists I shound say. That's the one's that take lovely looking Lambrettas or Vespas and then cut then in to pieces and make them go at 100 mph. Which just shows how much brain power they lack ! So Camo is basically for the Army or those of the 'doesn't mix well with others' brigade. If you're into riots in the innercity then go for it !!! Sorry only my opinion

Still undecided on camo print. Camo accessories seem to be all I think I will be investing in.

Pocket hanky looks stupid, a hanky should match or compliment your tie not clash with it !!! It looks like he's saying "Oh look I'm being a rebel, I'm wearing a camo hanky" how very sad !!!

Camo pants with shirt and tie ??? How pathetic is that !!!! Can't decide if he's a rebel or wants to conform. Looks like he got half way through changing his clothes then had to move on !

Guy in camo jacket and skinnys is defo' a scooterist, all he needs is a cut down scooter and his crash helmit, he's got the gloves on already.

Camo is pretty lame imo, don't wear unless you want to look a breakbeat DJ lost in the 21st century.

I like some of the looks I've seen but it's so hard to get right, and a fad that will be over in a few months. The only decent pieces are stupidly expensive, so not really worth investing.

Trend Setter
    Like you say Pins, it is simply a fad that will have been and gone soon, though judging by the preview of All Saints AW collection, it looks like it's going to continue into next year at least.

I'd rather invest my money in more timeless pieces, or if I'm going to jump on a trend then I at least try to make it something that will be easy to wear with other things (like the current varsity jacket/sportswear trend). To me, camo is hard to get right, and more often than not you just end up looking like someone who is overly obsessed with the miltary and has raided the local army surplus store.

Style Icon
    I think it will remain for another season at least. The All Saints AW12 collection uses camo, and it doesn't look too bad from what I can see.
    When Camo is muted to a maxium of three shades in fairly distinctive patterns (and by distinctive I mean completely different from your wannabe soldier affair) it can look quite good.

Sam

Style Icon
    Johny what are you on about? "Smart" and "casual" isn't the same as "conformist" and "rebellious." And ties and pocket squares can clash all you like if you put it together right.
    As for camo then - it can be gotten right just fine, it's simply the case that almost nobody does. My favourite camo piece is this wonderful cardi from Comme Des Garcons:

Which would look smashing layered with other neutrals.

+ Reply to Thread