FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last

Trend Setter

Opinions On Camo Print

Just wondering what your opinions on camo is. I'm looking into a jacket like this, what do you think?

"There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Jay

Style Icon
    I'm not really a fan. The military look has had its day for a while as it's been done to death over the last several years and is getting tired now.

Style Icon
    Also not a fan. I think a little bit of military influence is alright, but camo's a step too for me personally. Go for it if you think you can pull it off though.

Trend Setter
    I get that but I just don't think it's been done to it's fullest yet, you know like actual issued gear. I've never seen anyone on the street wearing one, all you see is the khaki coloured jackets and military boots from high street stores.

What about these? I know the last one's a girl but you get the idea.

"There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Jay

Style Icon
    I've seen issued gear being worn for years and years now, so it's not really new or fresh I'm afraid. The girl looks great, but the guys above would be a an argument for steering well clear. But, if you like it, go for it. That's all that matters in the end.

Trend Setter
    Ahh, man. I'd most likely dress it like the girl anyway, black skinnies etc.

Trend Setter
    I don't like it either I'm afraid. If I saw someone wearing that first one you linked I'd think they were a military wannabe to be honest.

And I think the guys you linked look stupid, especially with the US military inscriptions and badges, it's just taking the whole military thing too far. I think the appealing thing about the military look was that it was inspired by it, but didn't make you look like a member of the armed forces!

Trend Setter
    This season its been massive, not necessarily military but just camo, I guess it goes with the whole print thing, so could continue into the spring at least.

I dont think in the past few years its been done to death. If I were going to buy into it, I'd buy a slightly more abstracted camo shirt, maybe a digital like camo.

Trend Setter
    In style or not, I don't wear camo. Where I am from, it means you hunt things. I don't hunt things, so I don't wear it.

Trend Setter
    I guess that's an overall no then but if I can pick one up cheap then I'll have a go and see how it looks.

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last