FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3

Trend Setter

Style Icon
    Thanks for the link. I did consider these, however I'm after ones with a coloured base colour (not white/cream pretty much). It's a shame the colours aren't inverse.

Thanks for looking!

Next do quite nice spotted socks. I think I might check eBay, although socks there tend to sell at roughly the same price as the RRP.

Bringing this topic back if you don't all mind?

It's getting rather chilly out and I could really do with a few pairs of nice thick socks. I'd possibly go for the jeans tucked into sock look, which I've never attempted before but it looks good on other people with the right ensemble.

Do people think that when wearing thicker socks, the colours should be neutral, 'anchoring' colours - or is there a place for brightly coloured winter socks? I personally believe some thick socks in Burgandy's, Mustards etc. could work quite well...or possibly look like football socks.

Anybody know of the best place to get some thicker, more winter ready socks from? I don't wanna go overboard price wise (I can't believe how much branded socks are sold for!?), but they would need to be up to the task of keeping my feet warm, dry and looking good. Any tips would be great.

Style Icon
    Got some really nice burgundy cable ones from River Island in the sale. Failing that, Primark do some for peanuts.
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

Trend Setter
    Socks are MASSIVELY understated imo.. I love rocking some bold block colours (mustards and reds), polka dots, and stripes. I have some orange 'fairisle' socks from Reiss which are my favourites.

I try not to pay a fortune, as River Island and TK Maxx have some great multi-packs.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nath6644 View Post
    Got some really nice burgundy cable ones from River Island in the sale. Failing that, Primark do some for peanuts.

I have the same ones - Also got them in orange and blue.

River Island is a great shout for the cable knit socks, and they're not too expensive (imo)

Fairisle for Ben - You're welcome

Boxed Socks Gift Set
    Boxed Socks Gift Set
    Boxed Socks Gift Set

Last edited by Brown; 31-10-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    Sorry to resurface this topic, but I am currently after some funkier (preferably fairisle) socks.

I have considered getting a pair by corgi/paul smith for around the £15-18 mark, however I would prefer to get a 3-5 pack for that money. Whilst I don't like to skimp on quality, socks aren't a priority of mine, and I'd sooner take comfort and aesthetic in bulk over luxury and aesthetic in moderation (only in this instance).

Does anyone know any good places to purchase such pairs?
    Thank you. I was just dealing with this today. I need some new socks (nothing terribly exciting...blues, greys, and browns), and was shocked to see them selling for 15-20 euro per pair. I thought the whole world had gone mad. Then I realized I was at Printemps, so I probably should have expected it.

When you considered spending that much on a pair, was that because it had a design you liked, or because you really thought the quality was better? I don't mind missing the first one, but I'm more hesitant to sacrifice quality. I have some socks that seem to be higher quality than the others but I can't remember how much I spent on them!

+ Reply to Thread